IFC Viewer ifcplusplus

This forum section is only for IFC-related issues
bernd
Veteran

Re: IFC Viewer ifcplusplus

Post by bernd »

yorik wrote:One other thing I noticed - and apparently in your screenshot too - is that the icons are missing from the buttons on the left toolbar. Strange, all the resources system seems in place...
Noticed it too. I'll keep it in mind. Currently I'm gone wait until the guys have settled down the main merges.
yorik wrote:Now next urgent task, make the freecad ifc exporter :)
Of course it is! I haven't even tried it yet :( . And make the import even better. Ifc is our door to all other BIM-software around. Oh no, we are the big one it should be the other way around :lol: Ifc is the door for all the other BIM-software around to us. 8-) We could be really lucky ifc even exists as an open standad. I have a few files around which have minor problems but step by step ... I should stop working 8.5 h a day at every day structural buissness projects. ;)
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Actually most of the work on IFC exporting is already done ( https://gist.github.com/yorikvanhavre/6040612 ). What still needs to be done is to fix some issues in ifcopenshell, and then make the interface between freecad and the ifcwriter module, but that should be relatively simple. Then we can already output valid IFC files.

Of course, the whole complexity, as Thomas Krijnen (the author of ifcopenshell) and I discussed already, is to export not only simply geometry to IFC, but also design intent, that is, how the geometry is generated (for example, if a wall is based on a center line, that has been given a thickness, then extruded, that whole information should also be exported to the IFC file so other software can recreate the wall the same way). But that is for a later stage...
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

yorik wrote:Actually most of the work on IFC exporting is already done
Ok, I'm gone jump in ... Just opened a new thread to access this. See viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5125
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

updated my repository of ifcplusplus for linux to the latest of Sylvian Marie. The only difference is the use of external carve library. No change in displaying ifc-files.

https://github.com/berndhahnebach/IFCPlusPlus
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Thanks a lot for upgrading! You're becoming a pillar of the linux IFC world! Unfortunately, indeed, no changes for me either... Weird. Must be a component that is differnet on windows
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Just some informations ...
Fabian Gerold has updated his viewer on windows. The viewer now loads ALL the modells I have on my local machine :) But still windows only ... Sylvain Marie has moved his repo to https://github.com/VTREEM/IFCPlusPlus This repo seams up to date with the one of Fabian Gerold. I'm gone try to port the viewer to Linux again as soon as I find some spare time. Thinking of opening ALL my modells on linux ... :D
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Hm if there still some latest update missing in your linux code, then it is probably the reason why there are still problems... Otherwise, since ifc++ depends on openscenegraph, I also thought that maybe the openscenegraph version used to compile the windows version is different than our linux one.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Just spent some time trying to compile the repo https://github.com/VTREEM/IFCPlusPlus with gcc on my linux box but there seams to be quite some new code in ifc++ which is not compatible with gcc out of the box. It seams not as easy as it was with earlier versions ...
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

bernd wrote:... but there seams to be quite some new code in ifc++ which is not compatible with gcc out of the box. It seams not as easy as it was with earlier versions ...
The problem was mainly my lack of C++ Knowledge and not the code ... I made a lot of progress, still not at the boarder line but hopefully soon we'll have an up to date viewer on linux. :)
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Great! Can't wait to see!