Simple Differential - Helical Gears - Offer

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
KaiserZandrich

Simple Differential - Helical Gears - Offer

Post by KaiserZandrich »

I have recently undertaken a little project, one aspect of which is the design of a solid, reliable (open) differential.

For most part, it's gone well, but I've hit the ceiling of my knowledge on helical bevel gears - I can't seem to reliably test how well they mesh, even with a very generous tolerance of 0.1 mm.

This has resulted in delays, which I fear are reaching a tipping point where I will no longer be able to commit to the project, thus, I figured I'd ask the good people of this forum for some assistance.

The designs will cover:

• Drive pinion, Helical
  • Ring gear, Helical
  • Bracket and Spider Gears, Straight Bevel
  • Pinions for Shafts, Straight Bevel
There is obviously more criteria than that, including size constraints, but I'll divulge that to whomever feels kind enough to help.

P.S. I do need professional assistance, i.e. someone with experience in the design and fabrication of usable gears. I don't have a fortune burning a hole in my pocket, but I'm more than willing to save up/put aside to be sure - machining these parts is very expensive, so I'd rather pay up for reliable assistance, rather than having to have these parts machined more than once.

I look forward to any feedback/guidance/assistance.
EduBambu

Re: Simple Differential - Helical Gears - Offer

Post by EduBambu »

Is the differential you refer to similar to this design?
varicad_5-2.jpg
varicad_5-2.jpg (49.68 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
If; why do you need helical bevel gears?

The design of these gears is really difficult. And the arrangement for safe and durable operation is also not easy.

I sent you a private message, there is more detailed information there.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Simple Differential - Helical Gears - Offer

Post by chrisb »

Bevel gear and crown gear are usuall used to drive such a differential, so they are outside, not inside.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.