Traduction and ‎FuzzyBot

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mario52
Veteran

Traduction and ‎FuzzyBot

Post by mario52 »

Hello
a little problem with ‎FuzzyBot
Main_Page/fr
message displayed,
Cette page est une traduction de la page Main Page et la traduction est complétée à 100 % et à jour.
While he has withdrawn the French translation and replaced by English
mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
ediloren

Re: Traduction and ‎FuzzyBot

Post by ediloren »

I experienced the same with Italian

I was expecting to see my modifications to the English page marked for translation but the tool reported the translation 98% but the paragraphs were all 100% and in English, if this may help the troubleshooting

Enrico
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Oops, sorry, maybe I did something wrong there, I made a few little changes to the homepage and pressed the "mark for translation" button, which I thought would add my changes to the "to-be-translated" list, but apparently it resets the whole page (well not all because some pieces of translation are still there). It won't happen again!
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi
the page has translated into English
Power_users_hub/fr
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Yes, this is normal... The first time we switch a page to the new translation system, it looses all its translations... I am sorry, there is no way to avoid that.
We need to open an earlier version from the history, and copy/paste manually the paragraphs to the new translation system...
detlet

Post by detlet »

I cam across it by the page http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.ph ... aterial/de. I've already made some progress in translation. Then Mario52 made a little change in the page template and the FuzzyBot reverted ALL changes on the page. Move them all by hand to the new translation system is really tedious. In particular, cause I see no advantage of the new translation system to the old system. Can we fix the new system, or from my point of view better kick it ;) ?
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

I think we must be doing something wrong, because everything seems there to handle such changes... But I couldn't find what's going on...