Assembly3 preview

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jpg87

Re: Assembly3 preview

Post by jpg87 »

realthunder wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:55 pm Yeah, must have slipped my mind. I'll address those in my next release.
Just a detail that I had not noticed during my 1st message: the name of the sub-assembly which appears in the name of the element suits me very well :
nommageElts.jpg
nommageElts.jpg (18.61 KiB) Viewed 2237 times

What I miss is when I build a sub-assembly comprising many components, designating the geometric elements concerned as the construction progresses. I sometimes find it tedious to manually rename each of them. And it gets complicated when one or more of these items are lost for various reasons.
My website : http://help-freecad-jpg87.fr updated 2023/11/06
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

realthunder wrote: :bell:
Hey @realthunder what say you about modifying the LinkStage3/Asm3 branch build FC splash screen so we can differentiate your appimage from the 0.19_pre development branch?

Maybe we can use one of OficineRobitica's screenshots with a ribbon running diagonally saying LinkStage3 Branch ? or whatever ?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

Kunda1 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:17 pm Hey @realthunder what say you about modifying the LinkStage3/Asm3 branch build FC splash screen so we can differentiate your appimage from the 0.19_pre development branch?

Maybe we can use one of OficineRobitica's screenshots with a ribbon running diagonally saying LinkStage3 Branch ? or whatever ?
Sure, no problem. I'll do that in my next release.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
Elyas

Post by Elyas »

Hello.
I'm trying to start editing something in FC source.
My projects often use Assembly3.
Without Assembly3, it is inconvenient to check the work of the result of my edits.
Can't find modified SolveSpace sources to build solver backend.
Нуждаюсь в подсказках или любой помощи.
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

Elyas wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:55 am Hello.
I'm trying to start editing something in FC source.
My projects often use Assembly3.
Without Assembly3, it is inconvenient to check the work of the result of my edits.
Can't find modified SolveSpace sources to build solver backend.
Нуждаюсь в подсказках или любой помощи.
You can find the code here, and build instruction here.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
Elyas

Post by Elyas »

realthunder wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:26 am You can find the code here, and build instruction here.
Thank you. I was able to build FC + Asm3. But the instruction after
https://github.com/realthunder/FreeCAD_ ... 0b73d21c4a
is a little wrong.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Elyas wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:56 am Thank you. I was able to build FC + Asm3. But the instruction after
https://github.com/realthunder/FreeCAD_ ... 0b73d21c4a
is a little wrong.
How so? Please elaborate.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Elyas

Post by Elyas »

Kunda1 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:46 am How so? Please elaborate.
The instruction mentions git submodules that don't exist already.
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

Edit: I got it to work using a plane coincident between an arc at the bottom of the pocket and the face of the rod end.

I definitely am a noob with A3...so, I'm working with some parts and trying to do my assembly.

Basically a block with two holes pocketed to a depth. And a two rods from the same file with element count set to two.

What I thought I wanted to do is make an axial between one of the bottom arcs of the pocket and the end of the rod. And a plane coincident between the end of the rod and the bottom of the pocket.

But when I do that is says inconsistent constraints. I guess this is because plane coincident is trying to put the two faces together at the center of the bottom pocket face?

So maybe I'm not clear on the concept, my thinking of about the required constraints needs adjusting, or something else. :?
RodAlign.png
RodAlign.png (145.66 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

The axial alignment constraint between circle and the face of the rod shown here is ok:
SlideAlign_axial_good.png
SlideAlign_axial_good.png (194.24 KiB) Viewed 1470 times
But when I try to use a similar constraint on the second rod I get the inconsistent error:
SlideAlign.png
SlideAlign.png (209.39 KiB) Viewed 1470 times
The block is supposed to side on the rods, so my addled brain sees this as both rods being axial to their associated holes. Obviously I'm wrong...
:?
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."