Feature Request: FreeCAD for making presentations.

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jruiz

Feature Request: FreeCAD for making presentations.

Post by jruiz »

Once a FreeCAD model is finished, one of the things the author want to do, I guess, is showing it in the detail he/she wishes to the target people .
Wouldn't it be useful for this purpose that FreeCAD have the option (a Workbench o a macro) of "entering into a presentation mode" in which the user could select which objects of the model and in which sequence they would appear/disappear from the 3D view?
Regards.
I have uploaded many FreeCAD video tutorials to my YouTube channel
drmacro
Veteran

Re: Feature Request: FreeCAD for making presentations.

Post by drmacro »

Maybe:

"The Raytracing Workbench is used to generate photorealistic images of your models ..."
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

when I'm at work. we set just the background on white and make printscreens... 99% of the time that's good enough
jruiz

Post by jruiz »

Jee-Bee wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:51 pm when I'm at work. we set just the background on white and make printscreens... 99% of the time that's good enough
I am thinking on a "3D" presentation.
So the point of view could vary, and the sequence could be recorded in a, say, mp4 or gif file.
jruiz

Post by jruiz »

drmacro wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:40 pm Maybe:

"The Raytracing Workbench is used to generate photorealistic images of your models ..."
Well, I was thinking in showing the details of the project in a wished sequence...
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

I think the use case (in number of users) is not much. So if you like it and you want to put your time in it you have to do it because you like it ...
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

sort of how LibreOffice Impress or MS PowerPoint have a 'Show in presentation' mode ?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

as far as "full screen" mode goes, right click in the 3d view...Document window...full screen

or just press F11 key on your key board
Screenshot_20200928_001820.png
Screenshot_20200928_001820.png (108.08 KiB) Viewed 1753 times
jruiz

Post by jruiz »

Kunda1 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:32 pm sort of how LibreOffice Impress or MS PowerPoint have a 'Show in presentation' mode ?
Well, the full screen mode could be very useful, but I I was not thinking about it.
Gonna try to explain my request:

Suppose a project containing Parts, Bodies, Sketches, etc.
What I think that could be a good feature for FreeCAD is that:
  1. One could select a set of these objects, and sorting a sequence we decide in order for this objects to be shown and/or hidden as we wish.
  2. Then after entering into presentation mode, with just (for example) a mouse click, the objects would be shown and/or hidden in the sequence configured in item 1.
mfro

Post by mfro »

jruiz wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:13 pm...
What I think that could be a good feature for FreeCAD is that:
  1. One could select a set of these objects, and sorting a sequence we decide in order for this objects to be shown and/or hidden as we wish.
  2. Then after entering into presentation mode, with just (for example) a mouse click, the objects would be shown and/or hidden in the sequence configured in item 1.
It should be possible to write such a playbook as macro with even minimal Python knowledge.
Cheers,
Markus