GSoC Proposal: Extended functionality of Rebar Addon

Contributions from the participants, questions and answers to their projects.
Discussions of proposals for upcoming events.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Suraj Dadral

Re: GSoC Proposal: Extended functionality of Rebar Addon

Post by Suraj Dadral »

bernd wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:01 pm find abs files for the 4 examples of rebar2 in rebar2 repo https://github.com/berndhahnebach/rebar ... r/examples
Thanks @bernd
This will be very helpful in implementation of BVBS export, which will be started soon.

And now all work done during GSoC2020 is merged into master branch of "FreeCAD-Reinforcement" repository. :)

Thanks,
Suraj Dadral

Post by Suraj Dadral »

balrobs wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:03 am Congratulations @Suraj! Thanks for your efforts and the great job done here.
You took the rebar-addon a BIG step further!!
Thanks @balrobs

This would not be possible without the Great suggestions and helping hands by FreeCAD-Community. :D
balrobs

Post by balrobs »

Suraj Dadral wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:23 pm This will be very helpful in implementation of BVBS export, which will be started soon.
Hi @Suraj,
Should you ever need an icon for the BVBS export here is my proposal :D
bvbs.png
bvbs.png (6.25 KiB) Viewed 3570 times
Cheers
Attachments
bvbs.svg
(15.32 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Suraj Dadral

Post by Suraj Dadral »

balrobs wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:53 am One question ... wouldn't it make sense to add the <Reinforcement Drawing>, <Reinforcement Dimensioning> and <Reinforcement Drawing Dimensioning> icons to the reinforcement toolbar?
I think this isn't much work and even if there is not yet a dialog for the user to select all possible options, it would be sufficient to run the standard script for now. I think that otherwise many inexperienced Freecad users, for whom the Python console is a hurdle, will not use this great functionality.
Hi @balrobs

The above suggestion is implemented as per commits: commit1, commit2

Now, Reinforcement icons list looks like (last icon for Reinforcement Drawing Dimensioning):

Clicking on this icon will execute and log command in FreeCAD Python console:

Code: Select all

ReinforcementDrawing.make_reinforcement_drawing.makeStructuresReinforcementDrawing(structure_list=None, rebars_list=None, view="Front", rebars_stroke_width=0.35, rebars_color_style="Automatic", rebars_color=(0.67, 0.0, 0.0), structure_stroke_width=0.5, structure_color_style="Automatic", structure_color=(0.3, 0.9, 0.91), drawing_left_offset=20, drawing_top_offset=20, drawing_min_right_offset=20, drawing_min_bottom_offset=20, drawing_max_width=297, drawing_max_height=210, template_file=r"/home/blank/.FreeCAD/Mod/Reinforcement/ReinforcementDrawing/Templates/A4_Landscape_blank.svg", perform_dimensioning=True, dimension_rebars_filter_list=None, dimension_label_format="%M %C⌀%D,span=%S", dimension_font_family="DejaVu Sans", dimension_font_size=3, dimension_stroke_width=0.25, dimension_line_style="Continuous", dimension_line_color=(0.0, 0.0, 0.5), dimension_text_color=(0.0, 0.33, 0.0), dimension_single_rebar_line_start_symbol="None", dimension_single_rebar_line_end_symbol="FilledArrow", dimension_multi_rebar_line_start_symbol="FilledArrow", dimension_multi_rebar_line_end_symbol="FilledArrow", dimension_line_mid_point_symbol="Dot", dimension_left_offset=10, dimension_right_offset=10, dimension_top_offset=10, dimension_bottom_offset=10, dimension_left_offset_increment=6, dimension_right_offset_increment=6, dimension_top_offset_increment=6, dimension_bottom_offset_increment=6, dimension_single_rebar_outer_dim=False, dimension_multi_rebar_outer_dim=True, dimension_single_rebar_text_position_type="StartOfLine", dimension_multi_rebar_text_position_type="MidOfLine")
All default values in above command will be read from config.py file in Reinforcement directory.
This will generate Front view of structures. After that, user can also tweak with command logged into FreeCAD Python console to generate different views and can modify other parameters as required.

Thanks,
Suraj Dadral

Post by Suraj Dadral »

balrobs wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:39 pm
Suraj Dadral wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:23 pm This will be very helpful in implementation of BVBS export, which will be started soon.
Hi @Suraj,
Should you ever need an icon for the BVBS export here is my proposal :D
bvbs.png
Thanks @balrobs for the amazing work. :D
I added reference to above post in this issue related to BVBS implementation to use above icon in BVBS implementation.

Thanks,
balrobs

Post by balrobs »

Suraj Dadral wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:11 pm
Now, Reinforcement icons list looks like (last icon for Reinforcement Drawing Dimensioning):
Hi @Suraj,
thank you for implementing this! Now hopefully more and more user will use this feature and suggest improvements.
BTW here is mine. Moving generated objects (structure front view and dimensions) within the page, then closing and reopening it or clicking the command "Turn View frames on=off" leads to the result that dimension objects are moved with respect to the structure.
bevor_action.png
bevor_action.png (47.24 KiB) Viewed 3471 times
after_action.png
after_action.png (44.52 KiB) Viewed 3471 times
Cheers
balrobs

Post by balrobs »

Hi @Suraj,
i will try to design a dialog for the ReinforcementDrawingDimensioning command. Will come back here when I have something usefull :roll:
Cheers
balrobs

Post by balrobs »

balrobs wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:59 am Hi @Suraj,
i will try to design a dialog for the ReinforcementDrawingDimensioning command. Will come back here when I have something usefull :roll:
Cheers
Here is what I reached so far!
In order to make the input of the many parameters clearer, I took inspiration from the input dialog of the Column-Reinforcement and tried to structure all parameters into logical units.
My work can certainly be improved, it's my first dialog design :D ... everyone can feel free to do so
This first part includes the main dialog and the first two secondary dialogs ...
ReinforcementDrawingAndDimensioning_Main.ui
(4.04 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
ReinforcementDrawingAndDimensioning_Shapes.ui
(13.05 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Main_Shapes.png
Main_Shapes.png (71.35 KiB) Viewed 3364 times
ReinforcementDrawingAndDimensioning_Drawing.ui
(25.31 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Main_Drawing.png
Main_Drawing.png (91.47 KiB) Viewed 3364 times
Last edited by balrobs on Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
balrobs

Post by balrobs »

Here is the second part with the next two secondary dialogs ...
ReinforcementDrawingAndDimensioning_Dimensions1.ui
(17.35 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Main_Dimensions1.png
Main_Dimensions1.png (77.46 KiB) Viewed 3361 times
ReinforcementDrawingAndDimensioning_Dimensions2.ui
(16.96 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Main_dimensions2.png
Main_dimensions2.png (82.56 KiB) Viewed 3361 times
Edit: Will upload my last dialog soon, Cheers! :D
Suraj Dadral

Post by Suraj Dadral »

balrobs wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:21 pm BTW here is mine. Moving generated objects (structure front view and dimensions) within the page, then closing and reopening it or clicking the command "Turn View frames on=off" leads to the result that dimension objects are moved with respect to the structure.
bevor_action.png
after_action.png
Hi @balrobs

I tried reproducing above issue, but not able to maybe because I am not able to understand the issue properly. :roll:
May you please share the model before and after the issue.

Thanks,