further dimension issues

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
uwestoehr
Veteran

further dimension issues

Post by uwestoehr »

We made great progress in terms of the dimensioning (new tolerance handling, new dialog).

Nevertheless there are still issues:

A. not all changes to dimensions cannot be undone. Take for example an existing dimension and change its font size, then Undo - the change is not undone. This bug does only occur for properties in the View tab. Undo works correct with all properties in the Data tab.
-> This is a general TechDraw issue -> is now issue #4553
Basically fixed by: git commit 91435c96f7 and git commit 7c708eeca3
But the Undo feature must be activated by the user first.

B. changes to dimensions are not completely applied: Change e.g. the overtolerance - as result the dimension appears in the model tree to be recomputed. So the bug is that the recompute is not directly performed.
Fixed by: git commit 3288c02eb

C. Color changes are not applied to all dimension elements: Change the dimension color vie the dimension dialog. As result only the dimension text is colored, not also the dimension lines. First when you select another object in the model tree, the color is applied to all dimension elements. This bug also appears when the color is changed via the property editor, but it is not clearly visible since the uncolored elements appear the whole time with the selection color.
Fixed by: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/4353

D. The dimension dialog supports no undo at all, so no change made via the dialog can be undone/redone.
-> is now issue #4552 -> was fixed.

This is just a list that the issues are not forgotten. I will have a look when I find time and maybe brave TD workers like aapo want to grab an issue from the list to fix it ;)

aapo wrote: .
Last edited by uwestoehr on Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:29 am, edited 8 times in total.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Re: further dimension issues

Post by uwestoehr »

aapo

Post by aapo »

Hmm, this undo stuff is probably bit tricky. I must confess that I haven't had a look at how the undo mechanism in FreeCAD actually works. Well, maybe some day I'll acquire the courage to look at it! :lol:
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

aapo wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:54 pm Hmm, this undo stuff is probably bit tricky.
Yes, I spent now hours but still don't understand why some TD dialogs handle undo while other do not. :(