Crash on sketch item delete

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
quick61
Veteran

Re: Crash on sketch item delete

Post by quick61 »

Well, it looks like wmayer stopped the crashing but now their seems to be a side affect to the fix. :(

Now whenever a line is selected and deleted, it is still visible until you click the view refresh button.

I am now going back and rebuilding with a clean compile just to be sure, but at the moment, this does not look right.

Rebuilding, so no FreeCAD about info available at the moment. ;)

Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

quick61 wrote:Well, it looks like wmayer stopped the crashing but now their seems to be a side affect to the fix. :(

Now whenever a line is selected and deleted, it is still visible until you click the view refresh button.

I am now going back and rebuilding with a clean compile just to be sure, but at the moment, this does not look right.

Mark
My fix is not responsible for this side effect.

The crash happened because due to the deletion of the pad the selection becomes empty and this wasn't handled in the view provider of the sketch. I simply added a check to return immediately if there is nothing in the selection list.

So, this means the side effect was already there and I could confirm it with the 0.13 version. But I couldn't find out what changes on the sketch to make this effect appearing.
quick61
Veteran

Post by quick61 »

wmayer wrote:
quick61 wrote:Well, it looks like wmayer stopped the crashing but now their seems to be a side affect to the fix. :(

Mark
My fix is not responsible for this side effect.

The crash happened because due to the deletion of the pad the selection becomes empty and this wasn't handled in the view provider of the sketch. I simply added a check to return immediately if there is nothing in the selection list.

So, this means the side effect was already there and I could confirm it with the 0.13 version. But I couldn't find out what changes on the sketch to make this effect appearing.
Well, at least it isn't something new. :) The good news is the crashing has stopped and closing the sketch and opening the edit again seems to make this behavior go away. So for the moment, there is that for a work around, but now, if the Pad is not manually deselected, it is deleted. Sorry to say, it looks like more work.

Should I make out another Mantis ticket on this new problem?

Mark

Platform: 64-bit
Version: 0.14.3342 (Git)
Branch: master
Hash: ca6d37202593752c0eeeb1ce56cb4d8c3baf27c0
Python version: 2.7.5+
Qt version: 4.8.4
Coin version: 4.0.0a
SoQt version: 1.5.0
OCC version: 6.7.0
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Sure, go ahead!
quick61
Veteran

Post by quick61 »

wmayer wrote:Sure, go ahead!
Done - issue #1483

Hope it's clear and throw enough. I left the "relates to" stuff up to you guys sense you all have a much better handle on that aspect than I.

Mark
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

I am quite sure i was experiencing this bug in the past and i am glad to see it is fixed!