Seeking to Hire a FreeCAD Tutor

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
JPH

Seeking to Hire a FreeCAD Tutor

Postby JPH » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:26 pm

I'm looking to hire a tutor in FreeCAD to take me from novice to intermediate. Online, scheduled, paid. I like to learn by doing and I wish to learn basic modeling to prepare some basic housing designs to pass off to an architect. I'm looking at a minimum of 20 hours, possibly more. I'm looking at paying $25/hour. Four hours paid up front at a time. One hour training sessions at a time. Is that reasonable? Please text Jason at 360-701-3490 if you'd like to tutor.
awflingen

Re: Seeking to Hire a FreeCAD Tutor

Postby awflingen » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:08 pm

Sorry to hijack your post JPH but I am also looking to find a tutor. Have been trying for a few weeks to get a sense of a workflow in Freecad but finding it really difficult to progress. The tutorials seem to make it look easy but maybe I am missing the basics.

Looking particularly for Arch and part design as hope to provide drawings to Architect for final compilation.

Es könnte auch in Deutsch sein!
dwyl

Postby dwyl » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:18 pm

We're in the same boat as JPH & Awflingen; having major difficulty with the basics of FreeCAD.
Have previous experience with other 3D software including Sketchup and Fusion360 but cannot get past initial learning curve of FreeCAD. Would gladly pay the same $25/h rate for online tutoring. Or if you can record videos of your learning sessions JPH, happy to pay for access to them, e.g. $10/hour? Really just need to learn this systematically and adhoc YouTube tutorials simply aren't enough.
chrisb

Postby chrisb » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:25 pm

Are you all rather interested in architecture? Then I'm not the right guy.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
josegegas

Postby josegegas » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:16 am

Hi. I´ve been using FreeCAD for about five years and decided not to use any closed-surce software during my whole master´s and PhD. Only FreeCAD along with other CFD, MBD and FEA packages. I´d love to teach FreeCAD, and would be fantastic to make a bit of money our of teaching/developing open-source software.