VS2017 still supported? Building Freecad from latest checkout fails

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
falviani

(SOLVED) Re: VS2017 still supported? Building Freecad from latest checkout fails

Post by falviani »

Hi,

Selecting the folder within the Zip-generated folder for the lib pack was the solution (I keep forgetting the Zip standard creates a single wrapping folder, even around a single folder :evil: )
However, starting up the newly installed and updated VS2019 is taking forever. How long should I expect this to take?

Thanks all for your help,
-Frank
wmayer
Founder

Re: VS2017 still supported? Building Freecad from latest checkout fails

Post by wmayer »

However, starting up the newly installed and updated VS2019 is taking forever. How long should I expect this to take?
Starting VS 2019 should happen in no time.
falviani

Post by falviani »

Hi,

I've gotten through the startup issue; there's a folder that needs to be deleted (according to StackOverflow). Build completes with no errors. After I launched FC for the first time and installed Python 3.8.9 in response to complaints (and then restarted), checking the CMake config shows that it was pointed to the python components of the lib pack. However, I still get the following launch errors (in order):
err_all.png
err_all.png (30.78 KiB) Viewed 377 times
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. It has been invaluable.
Frank
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

I've gotten through the startup issue; there's a folder that needs to be deleted (according to StackOverflow).
Could you post the link to the SO question just in case somebody else encounters this problem?

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 78#p496639