cant select new body

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Sicario_89

cant select new body

Post by Sicario_89 »

Grettings!

So, I started editing a sketch to use it in another body with a boolean operation, but I cant select it, nor see it. why is this happening?

Attachments
CLIP_PROPIO_experimento.FCStd
(35.96 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
David ONeil

Re: cant select new body

Post by David ONeil »

Try eliminating the interior features circled. Or change the line to a 'construction line'.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (6.7 KiB) Viewed 737 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

You can't see it, because the body is hidden, and with it everything inside.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

You could also work on your sketching, e.g. by preferring geometric constraints over dimensions: in exterior_frente you have 25 dimensions, of which I could easily remove more than a third, file attached.
Attachments
CLIP_PROPIO_experimento_cb.FCStd
(28.08 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Sicario_89

Post by Sicario_89 »

chrisb wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:41 am You can't see it, because the body is hidden, and with it everything inside.
Thank you!, it was exactly that. I didnt knew how to hide/show geometry.
chrisb wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:55 am You could also work on your sketching, e.g. by preferring geometric constraints over dimensions: in exterior_frente you have 25 dimensions, of which I could easily remove more than a third, file attached.
Thanks! I will start doing that. Im coming from 3Dmax and neverused a CAD software before. Need to start using spread sheets also, to have everything parametric
Sicario_89

Post by Sicario_89 »

So, I made a new sketch (for the interior of the piece) and wanted to copy the geometry of the exterior and make a few changes to use it as the interior, but I cant seem to make the exterior sketch visible ( to use the copy geometry tool), what am I missing?

Attachments
CLIP_PROPIO_experimento.FCStd
(88.71 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

You don't necessarily need a spreadsheet to be parametric. To access a sketch from another body, use a PartDesign ShapeBinder.
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

Sicario_89 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:26 am So, I made a new sketch (for the interior of the piece) and wanted to copy the geometry of the exterior and make a few changes to use it as the interior, but I cant seem to make the exterior sketch visible ( to use the copy geometry tool), what am I missing?

I question the use of the Boolean I the feature tree... :?:
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
Sicario_89

Post by Sicario_89 »

Is that not the best way to make that pice? I watched a few youtube videos and they did something similar (altrou I forgot to check the version, they were from a few years). I changed a few things and now its a little better (still a mess with the constraints, but I dont plan to do much changes from now and just print it before saturday).

What do the simbols in the different elements of the tree mean? Some sketches hasve that lilac circle and some dont.
Bance
Veteran

Post by Bance »