[SOLVED] Building 0.14 on Slackware 14.1 (32b)

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
however

[SOLVED] Building 0.14 on Slackware 14.1 (32b)

Post by however »

Hi All,

I am new to FreeCAD and starting to learn just the basic watching tutorials on you tube.

I have been watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=331N7aBSLsU and despite being in french (which I dont' t speak) I managed to create a cpl of openings which should be windows. All good so far.

Then, at about 6.36'' the the guy adds a window that result in a panel opening on the right of the workbench (in the picture below) and he selects between a series of window models. Now, why don't I have that panel (and i don't seem to find/enable it anywhere)? Am i missing some FreeCAD modules, or extensions? if so, where do I find FreeCAD extensions?
freecad_snapshot.jpg
freecad_snapshot.jpg (9.26 KiB) Viewed 4902 times
I am using FreeCAD 0.13 on Slackware 14.1

Any suggestion will be welcome.

Regards,
Last edited by however on Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Slackware 14.1 32b and FreeCAD 0.14
triplus
Veteran

Re: Another window issue

Post by triplus »

In FreeCAD 0.13 the tool is not yet available. It is fairly recent addition implemented into FreeCAD and you would need to install/compile Development Release to get the tool:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4741

You said you had difficulties to obtain Development Release source code:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6244&start=10#p50165

Code: Select all

git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/free-cad/code free-cad-code
This should get you the code. If you managed to successfully compile FreeCAD 0.13 i guess you should be able to do the same for Development Release too. List of dependencies is probably similar compared to Ubuntu:

http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.ph ... pileOnUnix
however

Post by however »

Nope! it just won't work!

but I believe I am getting closer to have a successful build of FreeCAD Development release.

The compile stops with the following error msg:

-- Coin3D doc is not installed
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
OCC_INCLUDE_DIR
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Complete/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Part/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Part/Gui
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/PartDesign/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/PartDesign/Gui
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Raytracing/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Raytracing/Gui
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Drawing/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Drawing/Gui
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Sketcher/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Sketcher/Gui
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Robot/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Robot/Gui
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/ReverseEngineering/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/ReverseEngineering/Gui
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/MeshPart/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/MeshPart/Gui
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Web/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Start/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Import/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Import/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Import/Gui
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Inspection/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Assembly/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Fem/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Fem/Gui

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/free-cad-code/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
Checking all installed packages on my Slack box, I found Coin3.1.3; however I don't seem to find the Coin3D package anywhere.

Is it the same package as Coin?
- if so, why is the configure stopping saying that it can't find it?
- If it isn't, could anyone tell me where to find the Coin3D source file, so that I may attempt to build it?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards,
ulrich1a
Veteran

Post by ulrich1a »

however wrote:-- Coin3D doc is not installed
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
OCC_INCLUDE_DIR
The message: "Coin3D doc is not installed" can be ignored. It is only about the Coin documentation, which is only needed, if you want program yourself and need information about coin.
It seems you have not installed or set the "Open Cascade" package. Or the development files for Open Cascade are missing.

you can try: cmake-gui .
in your build-directory. This will show an option for the Open Cascade include directory. This is definitely needed.

Ulrich
however

Post by however »

I will give the cmake-gui a go,
ulrich1a wrote:It seems you have not installed or set the "Open Cascade" package. Or the development files for Open Cascade are missing.
i'm pretty sure that OpenCascade is installed (otherwise, I don't think I would have successfully compiled and installed FreCAD 0.13). However, I wasn't aware that I need to "set" it. Any help on this matter please?
ulrich1a wrote:The message: "Coin3D doc is not installed" can be ignored.
The build stops, which means that I can't go any further.

I'll report back shortly, to let you know.

Thank you.

Regards,
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

I am sorry i can not help you further i would need to install your distro and try if i could succeed. Because you already succeeded and successfully compiled FreeCAD 0.13 i would say some small detail is holding you back when compiling Development Release.

Maybe one more suggestion from my side to test if it helps. Delete folders you downloaded source code and start again:

cd
git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/free-cad/code free-cad-code
mkdir master_build && cd master_build
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DFREECAD_USE_EXTERNAL_PIVY=true ../free-cad-code
make
./bin/FreeCAD 
however

Post by however »

Nope! Still nothing!

However, i noticed that other dependency packages seem to be missing, such as:
matplotlib
numpy
python-dateutil
distribute
pytz
Spnav
SetupTools

Just in case the issue is with OpenCascade, could you tell me how to "set" it correctly?

p.s.: even after installing all the above mentioned packages, 'cmake-gui' returns the same error msg

PyCXX found:
  Headers:  /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src
  Sources:  /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/CXX
-- OpenCASCADE include directory: 
-- OpenCASCADE shared libraries directory: 
libshiboken built for Release
-- matplotlib-1.1.1 has been found.
Platform is 32-bit
Build type: 
Coin3D doc is not installed
OCC_INCLUDE_DIR
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Complete/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Part/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Part/Gui
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/PartDesign/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/PartDesign/Gui
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Raytracing/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Raytracing/Gui
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Drawing/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Drawing/Gui
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Sketcher/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Sketcher/Gui
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Robot/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Robot/Gui
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/ReverseEngineering/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/ReverseEngineering/Gui
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/MeshPart/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/MeshPart/Gui
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Web/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Start/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Import/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Import/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Import/Gui
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Inspection/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Assembly/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Fem/App
   used as include directory in directory /home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Fem/Gui

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/freeCAD_build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/professor/slackpckgs/FreeCAD/0.14/freeCAD_build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
I will now try the last option of downloading FreeCAD Development Release again and start over. I will let you know how it goes shortly.

Thanks.
Regards
ulrich1a
Veteran

Post by ulrich1a »

You can set the path for OpenCascade in cmake-gui here: see picture

Ulrich
cmake_FreeCAD.png
cmake_FreeCAD.png (102.69 KiB) Viewed 4857 times
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Yes that make sense you will have to set that manually with GUI or in CLI but how did you get OCE in the first place? Manually compiled or Slackware has it in repositories?
however

Post by however »

Now, that's interesting!

I hadn't noticed this message:
freecad_snapshot2.jpg
freecad_snapshot2.jpg (9.81 KiB) Viewed 4852 times
I don't have/find the OCE anywhere, (package already installed or Slackware repository)
freecad_snapshot1.jpg
freecad_snapshot1.jpg (3.68 KiB) Viewed 4852 times
How/where did you get it from?

Thanks