IFC Viewer ifcplusplus

This forum section is only for IFC-related issues
bernd
Veteran

Re: IFC Viewer ifcplusplus

Post by bernd »

If Qt4 is used IfcPlusPlus runs again using Linux for myself. :D

Find a version here at branch linuxbuild-qt4 https://github.com/berndhahnebach/IFCPl ... xbuild-qt4
See file README.Linux for information what I did.

I still would like to find out what could be done regarding the segmantation fault if Qt5 is used.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Does it build correctly with the internal carve lib for you? It fails for me (qt4 version)... It seems that the carve library is not built? I get this:

Code: Select all

[ 96%] Building CXX object IfcPlusPlusGeometry/CMakeFiles/IfcPlusPlusGeometry.dir/src/ifcppgeometry/StylesConverter.cpp.o
Linking CXX shared library ../Release/libIfcPlusPlusGeometry.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcarve
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [Release/libIfcPlusPlusGeometry.so] Error 1
make[1]: *** [IfcPlusPlusGeometry/CMakeFiles/IfcPlusPlusGeometry.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
it seems that no libcarve.so or libcarve.a is built (required by -lcarve)... I can't find it anywhere in the build dir. Would I be missing something?
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

yorik wrote:Does it build correctly with the internal carve lib for you? ...

it seems that no libcarve.so or libcarve.a is built (required by -lcarve)... I can't find it anywhere in the build dir. Would I be missing something?
Yes it does with internal carve. Branch linuxbuilt-qt4 was used and it runs smooth on my debian jessie.

I had to tell him explicit where the internal carve is. I don't know why? It should work without telling him this if one uses internal carve. Since I would like to switch to external carve again as soon as possible I didn't look to much in that. I just told him where the internal carve is. I even had to use absolut path.

See https://github.com/berndhahnebach/IFCPl ... ADME.Linux
Last edited by bernd on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

EDIT: Sorry double post, may be someone could delete.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Ah I managed to compile. There was a caps problem, when it tries to link to the carve lib, it uses -lcarve (which looks for a libcarve.a or libcarve.so file) but the compiled carve lib is Release/libCarve.so (big C). So I did a simlink named libcarve.so in the same folder and things worked.

But there seem to still be some problem with inverted normals... Is this happening for you too?
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (134.6 KiB) Viewed 3523 times
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

yorik wrote:... But there seem to still be some problem with inverted normals... Is this happening for you too?...
There where lots of bugfixes in Ifc++ but the FreeCAD exported files still have problems for me too. I'll check with FG again regarding this issue. I'm gone report informations as soon as I have new ones.

BTW: I'm really happy about all the progress FreeCAD makes regarding ifc support over the last couple of month and especiallly days.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Hmm you are right... This happens only with our exported test house!
I wonder if there wouldn't be an order to follow for the vertices along the wires in an IfcBrepFaceSet... I'll investigate...
Thomas Krijnen indicated me a huge reference manual: http://www.buildingsmart-tech.org/downl ... b.pdf/view

*EDIT* This seems to be the case http://www.buildingsmart-tech.org/ifc/I ... ebound.htm But the documentation is really hard to understand...
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

yorik wrote:.., This happens only with our exported test house! ...
Yes, it happens with FeeCAD exported files only and it happens with all FreeCAD exported files. But on the other side Ifc++ ist the only viewer which has such problems.

Thanks for the guide.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

"This indicated whether (TRUE) or not (FALSE) the loop has the same sense when used to bound the face as when first defined. If sense is FALSE the senses of all its component oriented edges are implicitly reversed when used in the face." this is really a badly written definition... http://www.buildingsmart-tech.org/ifc/I ... ebound.htm No way to know what "first defined" means...
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

I pointed Fabian to your last Forums post. Waiting and see what he says ...