Parametrical measure not run

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
MMSN

Parametrical measure not run

Post by MMSN »

Hi,
I have this powerfull free software but I am an issue with the parametric measure frame as show in the screenshot below.
My laptop is Toshiva
PSAE0C-AH908C - Satellite A200OS: Windows Vista
Processor:Intel(R)Core(TM)2CPUT53006173GHz
RAM:2 GB
Platform: 32-bit
Version: 0.13.1828
Python version: 2.6.2
Qt version: 4.5.2
Coin version: 3.1.0
SoQt version: 1.4.1
OCC version: 6.3.0
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Parametrical Measure not run.png
Parametrical Measure not run.png (90.78 KiB) Viewed 3590 times
quick61
Veteran

Re: Parametrical measure not run

Post by quick61 »

MMSN wrote:Hi,
I have this powerfull free software but I am an issue with the parametric measure frame as show in the screenshot below.
My laptop is Toshiva
PSAE0C-AH908C - Satellite A200OS: Windows Vista
Processor:Intel(R)Core(TM)2CPUT53006173GHz
RAM:2 GB
Platform: 32-bit
Version: 0.13.1828
Python version: 2.6.2
Qt version: 4.5.2
Coin version: 3.1.0
SoQt version: 1.4.1
OCC version: 6.3.0
Thanks in advance.

This should probably go into the help section and the mods may move it, so watch for that. ;) With this subject, it can be tough to tell for a first time post so no worries from me.

What it looks like from your screenshot is a video chip / driver problem. For a full and proper 3D FreeCAD display, you need a 3D capable video chip/card and good drivers. i havent looked up that hardware is in you laptop yet, so I can't say which or both would be the problem - but I'm willing to bet it's one or both at fault, and not the software.

Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?
MMSN

Post by MMSN »

quick61 wrote:What it looks like from your screenshot is a video chip / driver problem. For a full and proper 3D FreeCAD display, you need a 3D capable video chip/card and good drivers. i havent looked up that hardware is in you laptop yet, so I can't say which or both would be the problem - but I'm willing to bet it's one or both at fault, and not the software.
Hi Mark,
Thanks for you answer.
I am attaching two screenshot that may be able to show my laptop Software-graphic issues.
Attachments
Intel Graphic02.png
Intel Graphic02.png (326.73 KiB) Viewed 3573 times
Intel Graphic01.png
Intel Graphic01.png (332.87 KiB) Viewed 3573 times
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Go to Intel, and confirm that you have the latest driver for your hardware. You should do this regardless of FreeCAD just to make sure your system is up to date, I think you will find there is a more recent driver available.

Specifically regarding this issue with FreeCAD, your version is very old now, download the most recent development version of FreeCAD 0.14, it will be better in all ways than the 0.13 you are using now. 0.14 is just about to become the "official" version of FreeCAD.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

I guess that your driver lacks of the NPOT extension. We have seen this issue also for a couple of Windows XP systems. Some time back in the 0.14 development branch we implemented a workaround to solve this issue. So, it might be best to get one of the recent 0.14 versions to check if the issue is still there.
MMSN

Post by MMSN »

wmayer wrote:I guess that your driver lacks of the NPOT extension. We have seen this issue also for a couple of Windows XP systems. Some time back in the 0.14 development branch we implemented a workaround to solve this issue. So, it might be best to get one of the recent 0.14 versions to check if the issue is still there.
jmaustpc wrote: Specifically regarding this issue with FreeCAD, your version is very old now, download the most recent development version of FreeCAD 0.14, it will be better in all ways than the 0.13 you are using now. 0.14 is just about to become the "official" version of FreeCAD.
Thanks for your suggestions.
I have gotten the new FreeCAD .014 and the problem is still the same as show in the screenshot below
Attachments
FreeCAD 0.14 not run either.png
FreeCAD 0.14 not run either.png (72.37 KiB) Viewed 3500 times
Last edited by MMSN on Fri May 30, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

It looks like your GPU is an Intel product, did you go to Intel and download the latest driver to suit your O/S and hardware? An old driver, is the most likely reason that it does not work for you.
MMSN wrote:I have gotten the new FreeCAD .014 and t
Yes, but which version from where? Please go to the Part workbench, then go to the Help menu and click copy to clip board post the "help about FreeCAD data" here. I am assuming you downloaded something from the FreeCAD site on SourceForge?
MMSN

Post by MMSN »

jmaustpc wrote:It looks like your GPU is an Intel product, did you go to Intel and download the latest driver to suit your O/S and hardware? An old driver, is the most likely reason that it does not work for you.
Yes, yestarday I check with intel and all is OK.
jmaustpc wrote:Yes, but which version from where? Please go to the Part workbench, then go to the Help menu and click copy to clip board post the "help about FreeCAD data" here. I am assuming you downloaded something from the FreeCAD site on SourceForge?
Yes,I have followed the way that FreeCAD home give for download the window versions. I have downloaded the last one.
I including the screenshot of the "help about FreeCAD data"
Thanks in advance
Attachments
FreeCAD 0.14 -Help about FreeCAD data-.png
FreeCAD 0.14 -Help about FreeCAD data-.png (41.71 KiB) Viewed 3471 times
FreeCAD 0.14 Download for WOS.png
FreeCAD 0.14 Download for WOS.png (129.3 KiB) Viewed 3471 times
Intel Graphic03.png
Intel Graphic03.png (46.2 KiB) Viewed 3471 times
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

you do indeed have the latest drivers, :)
I see Intel has not updated the drivers since 2008 for the 945 on Windows Vista.

To get the Help about FreeCAD data, you start FreeCAD, then go to the Part or PartDesign workbench, then go to the Help menu, about FreeCAD, click on the button that says copy to clip board, then just paste the data into this forum.
kwahoo

Post by kwahoo »

wmayer wrote:I guess that your driver lacks of the NPOT extension.
You are definitely right. i945G supports OpenGL 1.4 (2002 standard:-) only, while OpenGL did introduce NPOT in the version 2.0.