Test request: quarter based viewer

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ickby
Veteran

Re: Test request: quarter based viewer

Post by ickby »

Hello shoogen, rockn,

I had an idea what the problem could be, could you please have a look at the following branch and tell me if the problem persists or is fixed?

https://github.com/ickby/FreeCAD_sf_master/tree/quarter

Thanks!
shoogen
Veteran

Post by shoogen »

it works for me.
rockn
Veteran

Post by rockn »

Hi ickby,
It's ok for me ! It's look fixed.
Formations - Assistance - Développement : https://freecad-france.com
shoogen
Veteran

Post by shoogen »

BTW: The stereo mode gives coin errors.
Coin warning in SoGLRenderAction::beginTraversal(): GL error before initialization: GL_INVALID_OPERATION
and InterleavedColumns looks like InterleavedRows
ickby
Veteran

Post by ickby »

thanks for testing, those are good news! I don't have time to dig deeper into the stereo issue before my holidays, so I make a pull request for the current state. Then at least red green works.
shoogen
Veteran

Post by shoogen »

ickby wrote:thanks for testing, those are good news! I don't have time to dig deeper into the stereo issue before my holidays, so I make a pull request for the current state. Then at least red green works.
It just want to mention it so, anyone will remember when we start talking about the stable release.
wmayer wrote:All stereo modes work except of "stereo quad buffer" which gives me these error messages:
Coin error in SoNode::GLRenderS(): GL error: 'GL_INVALID_OPERATION', nodetype: Switch (set envvar COIN_GLERROR_DEBUGGING=1 and re-run to get more information)
I see the same messages. (the messages i posted earlier where ones gathered with COIN_GLERROR_DEBUGGING=1 enabled)
But the behavior show some dependency on the device driver. When working only with my integrated (intel hd 3000) graphics neither of the interleaved modes works.
nahshon

Post by nahshon »

Hello,
I see two problems.
a. Anti-aliasing seems to be always on. I have Anti-Aliasing set to None in the display preferences but that does not seem to make any difference. This problem showed up when I got the updates with the quarter based viewer.
antialias.png
antialias.png (5.76 KiB) Viewed 2809 times
b. I'm not sure it's a new problem related to the quarter based viewer, because I never tested it before. It's working OK on a build which is a few months old.
To repeat:
1. Open any image file in FreeCAD (I'm testing with the attached PNG file). Everything looks OK? Close it...
2. Switch to the Part workbench
3. create a new document
4. Create a cube
5. Rotate the view
6. Now open that PNG file again. (Display may be corrupted). Using the mouse wheel to zoom in/out result in a dark display.

Thanks!
-- Itai

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.15.4095 (Git)
Branch: master
Hash: 05de6c103fa7cf228490ac39e679376e4067334f
Python version: 2.7.5
Qt version: 4.8.6
Coin version: 3.1.3
OCC version: 6.7.1
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

a. Anti-aliasing seems to be always on. I have Anti-Aliasing set to None in the display preferences but that does not seem to make any difference. This problem showed up when I got the updates with the quarter based viewer.
Fixed with git commit 96e286a
b. I'm not sure it's a new problem related to the quarter based viewer, because I never tested it before. It's working OK on a build which is a few months old.
I can confirm this. When now MDI is open you can load an image -- independent of the currently active workbench. As soon as you create a 3d view the image disappears.

Version 0.14 which is using SoQt doesn't show this behaviour so it's very likely related to Quarter.
issue #0001780
shoogen
Veteran

Post by shoogen »

When opening a second view, this in this second view the edges are not visible (in flat line viewmode).
the report window shows

Code: Select all

Coin error in SoNode::GLRenderS(): GL error: 'GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY', nodetype: Separator (set envvar COIN_GLERROR_DEBUGGING=1 and re-run to get more information)
quarter-missing-edges.png
quarter-missing-edges.png (20.59 KiB) Viewed 2748 times
shoogen
Veteran

Post by shoogen »

This seems to be driver depended.
But i got problems to undock multiple views of the same document.