Unofficial Window X64 and X32 Development Snapshots

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jmaustpc
Veteran

Re: Unofficial Window X64 and X32 Development Snapshots

Post by jmaustpc »

ektus wrote:
saso wrote:please note, this are development test builds. you should be able to run them by simply extracting the archive (7z) and run the FreeCAD.exe inside the bin folder. there is no install. you don't have to copy it (the extracted folders and files) to any special place, you can keep it on the desktop if you like. you don't have to replace your existing FreeCAD installation. just extract and run.
In my case, it doesn't work this way as has been discussed earlier in this thread. I tried it again today with the version below, still the same problem. The errors go away and the self test completes without errors if I rename the "FreeCAD 0.14" folder inside "Program Files", create a new folder with that same name there and place the three main folders from the dev snapshot inside. The 3D mouse still doesn't work, though.

Regards
Ektus.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.15.4346 (Git)
Branch: master
Hash: e329cb5c3acd5b170359e0e8cd28d98b61be935d
Python version: 2.7.8
Qt version: 4.8.6
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.7.1
You may have had an issue because of the exact name of the directory. In most O/Ses you would expect to have issues if the directory really was named "FreeCAD 0.14" because it has a "full stop" in the name....even the space can cause issues in some circumstances.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

ProBowlUk wrote:Hi

Is this a known problem ?

COMODO Internet Protection ___ Malware Detection ___ has just reported that ...

FreeCAD\\bin\Lib\site-packages\numpy\core\test_rational_d.pyd

contains Malware@#185ztkk94g3t3

I guess this is a false-positive alarm of your virus checker.
ProBowlUk

Post by ProBowlUk »

Hi

Maybe should not have mentioned the Malware message.
Just realised they are Python files and even harmless macros can set off malware detectors. :)

Ektus ...
3D-mouse
Is yours Plug-&-Play or has it's own software ?

Just thinking about some gaming mice. Need to be linked with the game being played :mrgreen: (?)
ektus

Post by ektus »

ProBowlUk wrote: Ektus ...
3D-mouse
Is yours Plug-&-Play or has it's own software ?
Any 3D mouse I know of needs some kind of (proprietary) drivers. For the windows builds, FreeCAD has a driver for 3DConnexion USB devices included. For the linux builds, there is a demon from http://spacenav.sourceforge.net/ that interfaces with the hardware (both USB and serial) for a lot of devices and in turn provides input to FreeCAD.

3DConnexion keeps dropping support for older devices from their proprietary drivers, so using your own drivers sounds like a very good idea if you want to use your device beyond their support window.

Regards
Ektus.
efyx

Post by efyx »

Sorry for interupting ;), I tried to run develompment version of FreeCAD on windows, and information that MSVCP120.dll is missing. Any idea why?
rockn
Veteran

Post by rockn »

efyx wrote:Sorry for interupting ;), I tried to run develompment version of FreeCAD on windows, and information that MSVCP120.dll is missing. Any idea why?
I think I have this too on a virtual machine.
I donwload and install this : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=40784
Formations - Assistance - Développement : https://freecad-france.com
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

efyx wrote:Sorry for interrupting ;), I tried to run development version of FreeCAD on windows, and information that MSVCP120.dll is missing. Any idea why?
This package is from Microsoft for VS2013 which the X64 dev build is built against.

It can be downloaded here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=40784
"fight the good fight"
efyx

Post by efyx »

Thanks for fast response. Another error occurred... after copy that dll to bin catalogue, after run freecad.exe there is information that apllication wasn't run rightly (0xc000007b). Any idea?
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

You don't need to copy the redist dll's to the bin directory. The windows installer places them in the correct path for your system automatically. Try deleting from the FreeCAD bin folder and restarting FreeCAD. Just to be sure, your OS is 64-bit?
"fight the good fight"
efyx

Post by efyx »

I went shortcut and only copied dll from internet into catalogue without installing anything.. maybe that's why ;)