Release discussion 0.15

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yorik
Founder

Re: Release discussion 0.15

Post by yorik »

r-frank wrote:ATM 0.14 is the Maximum.
I can choose up to 0.16... Can you check again?
BTW I wonder if we shouldn't remove the subcategories (Arch, Draft, etc...) it gives more work and doesn't really help in anything...
r-frank
Veteran

Post by r-frank »

Hello yorik.

Now I am able to choose product version as high as 0.15.
I am reporter, you are editor/admin.
Maybe you could check availability on all levels ?

Thanks
Roland
Deutsche FreeCAD Tutorials auf Youtube
My GrabCAD FreeCAD-Projects
FreeCAD lessons for beginners in english

Native german speaker - so apologies for my english, no offense intended :)
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Are you sure? I don't see any setting that restricts version numbers for anyone, and all subprojects have a 0.16 entry...
r-frank
Veteran

Post by r-frank »

See Screenshot attached.

Using latest Firefox on Windows 7.
Cleared Cache before trying ...

[Edit]
Just tried with latest Chrome.
Same result.

[Edit2]
Please note that VIEWING ISSUES Version-Filter allows up 0.16 (Draft).
REPORTING only allows up to 0.15.

Roland
Attachments
Bug-Tracker-015.jpg
Bug-Tracker-015.jpg (350.74 KiB) Viewed 2559 times
Deutsche FreeCAD Tutorials auf Youtube
My GrabCAD FreeCAD-Projects
FreeCAD lessons for beginners in english

Native german speaker - so apologies for my english, no offense intended :)
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Strange! I cannot find any setting that controls that... I changed the date of 0.16 release to be in 6 months, maybe that will unlock something... Can you try again?
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

A version 0.16 doesn't exist so it doesn't make sense to offer this in Product Version section now. If you have a report that is only relevant for the development branch then it might be better to leave this area blank or explicitly write it in the description field. But I find it also strange that a reporter can't see it while a developer or admin can.
ian.rees

Post by ian.rees »

Hi All,

Sorry to dig up an old topic! I'm working on an updated MacPorts Portfile for FreeCAD, and noticed an oddity: older versions of FreeCAD source packages on sourceforge used a name like freecad-*, but the 0.15 uses freecad_* (underscore instead of hyphen). http://sourceforge.net/projects/free-ca ... %20Source/

I think that's probably just a typo - would it be a problem to rename the 0.15 versions to use the hyphen? -Ian-
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Only freecad_0.15.4671.tar.gz uses an underscore, I believe that's my tarball that Yorik uploaded.

It's not a typo, it's a Debian habit. ;) In Debian packaging, we have to replace the hyphen with an underscore. I don't mind if it's changed to a hyphen, but we'll lose the download count (more than 4,000 to date)... Why is it important?
ian.rees

Post by ian.rees »

The MacPorts Portfile has a mechanism that I don't understand yet, to fetch from sourceforge using a project name and version number. It currently works with the hyphen and not the underscore, it's probably possible to change to work with the underscore though.

I just thought it was a convention that might've accidentally been changed, no worries if there's a good reason to switch. -Ian-
ian.rees

Post by ian.rees »

I finally had some time to work on this today - got macports to download the currect file, but there seems to be a built in assumption that the source tarball will unpack into a directory with the same base name as the tarball. Unfortunately, that doesn't work with the current file - freecad_0.15.4671.tar.gz unpacks into freecad-0.15.4671 .

That's probably fixable too, but this is all feeling a bit hacky. If it's not too much trouble, my vote is to add a link/copy of the current file with the hyphen instead of underscore to the sourceforge downloads page. -Ian-