[Merged] TechDraw templates update pull request

Post here if you have re-based and finalised code to integrate into master, which was discussed, agreed to and tested in other forums. You can also submit your PR directly on github.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
felixlee868

[Merged] TechDraw templates update pull request

Post by felixlee868 »

Hi

I have update all TechDraw templates for The People's Republic of China standard. The new version fix some bugs and re-design some parts. and add two portrait type template files.

The release URL is:

https://github.com/felixlee868/FreeCAD.git
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: TechDraw templates update pull request

Post by Kunda1 »

felixlee868 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:32 am Hi

I have update all TechDraw templates for The People's Republic of China standard. The new version fix some bugs and re-design some parts. and add two portrait type template files.

The release URL is:

https://github.com/felixlee868/FreeCAD.git
@felixlee868 thank you. I see you're still learning how to use git. It's important to create new branch with git and then add your changes to that branch. That way it's very easy for the devs to see what changes you are proposing.
We have a tutorial on this in the Source code management page on the wiki.
Right now you direct us to a clone of FreeCAD master on github but we don't know what changes you've made unless we look at the commits: https://github.com/felixlee868/FreeCAD/commits/master and slowly need to scroll through each one to see what has been modified.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
felixlee868

Post by felixlee868 »

Sorry

lieutenant is too rarely used word to me. to prevent pollute the commit history. I have deleted old repo. and clone new repo from FreeCAD office release URL. and I add my branch name "TE_TEMPLATE_ZH_CN_002". you can pull from URL https://github.com/felixlee868/FreeCAD/ ... _ZH_CN_002

I have add description for new version changes in file zh_CN/landscape/README file.

please update new template files for FreeCAD project.

I am glad can contribute my working for FreeCAD project. Thanks for all peoples working for the project.

Best Regards

Felix Lee
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

felixlee868 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:15 am Sorry

lieutenant is too rarely used word to me. to prevent pollute the commit history. I have deleted old repo. and clone new repo from FreeCAD office release URL. and I add my branch name "TE_TEMPLATE_ZH_CN_002". you can pull from URL https://github.com/felixlee868/FreeCAD/ ... _ZH_CN_002

I have add description for new version changes in file zh_CN/landscape/README file.

please update new template files for FreeCAD project.

I am glad can contribute my working for FreeCAD project. Thanks for all peoples working for the project.
Good attempt. But you submitted the Pull Request to your own repository/fork instead of 'upstream' (FreeCAD/FreeCAD) (master branch).
Also it is unnecessary to prevent polluting commit history by removing the whole repo. Instead you can re-write commit history in git.
You'll get the hang of it, if you stick to it.
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
felixlee868

Post by felixlee868 »

It is annoying for me to read and find howto operate git command in Web interface.

I just try create pull requisition and not find how to delete pull requisition on GitHub. It is embarrassment for me

I hope the branch can be used. if it is hard for you merge operation. please give me some hits to let me more smarter to operating that. :-)
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

felixlee868 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:30 pm It is annoying for me to read and find howto operate git command in Web interface.

I just try create pull requisition and not find how to delete pull requisition on GitHub. It is embarrassment for me

I hope the branch can be used. if it is hard for you merge operation. please give me some hits to let me more smarter to operating that. :-)
Don't be embarassed, git is not so intuitive in the beginning.
If you're using the Github interface, after you've created a new branch and made your commit to it, what I do is instead of clicking the green button for Pull Request, I click on the the my fork name that takes me to the top of the my github fork. There will be a pull request button that I can push that will make the Pull Request against the upstream FreeCAD/FreeCAD master. Maybe there is a better way in the Github web interface but this is my technique.

If you want, I can make the PR for you.
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

felixlee868 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:30 pm It is annoying for me to read and find howto operate git command in Web interface.

Hi Felix, 需要幫忙嗎 ?

I am beginner in Git and manage only 3 to 4 basic steps. I do not seem to understand as much basic concept as you describe but rather can make a few pull request basically.

I mostly check This Post in this thread by @wandererfan ... repeats below

Code: Select all

Setup gitHub:
  navigate to "FreeCAD/FreeCAD"
  "fork" FreeCAD/FreeCAD to your account(myGitHubID)

Setup local repo:
  mkdir FreeCAD-src
  cd FreeCAD-src
  git clone https://github.com/myGitHubId/FreeCAD.git .
  git remote add upstream https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD.git

Develop:
  *git branch newBranchName
  *git checkout newBranchName
  code, commit, code, commit, ....

Catch up my newBranch with upstream/master (the "real" master):
  *git checkout master
  *git fetch upstream
  *git merge upstream/master
  *git checkout newBranchName
  git rebase master

Send my changes to my github:
  git checkout newBranchName
  git push origin                //* send my local newBranchName to my gitHub

Make a PR:
  in github, 
  navigate to FreeCAD/FreeCAD
  "you recently pushed to your github fork, do you want to make a PR y/n?"
  fill in PR form, press create. 
  wait for Appveyor/Travis to run
  wait for Admin to merge to master

Get ready for next Development phase:
  *git checkout master
  *git fetch upstream
  *git merge upstream/master
  *git branch anotherBranch
  *git checkout another Branch
  code, commit, code, commit, ....

*git => steps where I use git-gui

I don't know if git gurus would approve, but it seems to work 
felixlee868

Post by felixlee868 »

Thanks paullee and Kunda1

Your are welcome to help me send my pull request to main line code repo.

I just try to create pull request on GitHub. but I don't know what's problem.

My GitHub account is: https://github.com/felixlee868/FreeCAD

Please checkout my create Chinese TD Template zh_CN branch from my repo. and help me send it to main line repo Here are slowest networking speed in my home. I have not time to retry the working.

Best Regard

Felix Lee
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

I attempt to look at felix github repo and find I also do not know what is going on there.

@kunda or anyone see if you have anything to advise @felixlee868
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

paullee wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:31 am I attempt to look at felix github repo and find I also do not know what is going on there.

@kunda or anyone see if you have anything to advise @felixlee868
It's a little confusing but I've added felixlee868 as a remote git branch and am rebasing with master.
I'll make the PR. Stay tuned