Error while configuring cmake

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Re: Error while configuring cmake

Post by DeepSOIC »

Just got a successful compile on Windows. I had installed PySide (which was quite a bit of trouble to do, I can share what I did to achieve that if anyone is interested). Looking forward to seeing frustration free new libpack!!!
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

DeepSOIC wrote:Just got a successful compile on Windows. I had installed PySide (which was quite a bit of trouble to do, I can share what I did to achieve that if anyone is interested). Looking forward to seeing frustration free new libpack!!!
I am cloning Perterl94's branch now to try out the new libpack 9.x
I got scared when I started looking at installing Pyside myself. If this doesn't workout I may take you up on your offer.

Cheers
"fight the good fight"
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

Here it goes. EDIT - there is something wrong! Please don't follow!
  • Install python 2.7.8 64 bit (the python bundled with libpack didn't work for me). Make sure the newly installed python is invoked when you type "python" into console. (type python <enter> import sys <enter> sys.executable <enter>, you'll see where the interpreter is located)
  • Install PySide by following the instructions on this page:
    http://qt-project.org/wiki/PySide_Binaries_Windows
    You will have to install pip first (pip is a package manager for python). There are instructions on the mentioned page. After you have done so, you can find pip.exe in C:\path\to\python\scripts\pip.exe.
  • Once PySide is installed, open CMakeCache.txt and point it to pyside tools:
    //Path to a program.
    PYSIDERCC4BINARY:FILEPATH=C:/Python27/Lib/site-packages/PySide/pyside-rcc.exe

//Path to a program.
    PYSIDEUIC4BINARY:FILEPATH=C:/Python27/Scripts/pyside-uic.exe
  • rerun CMake to be sure, build!
Last edited by DeepSOIC on Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

Hmm... It worked... I had a successful build for release... Started a debug build, and somewhere near the end of the build I got a BSOD :shock: . Now, after a reboot, I get strange looking python related errors when running CMake. WHATTHA?? Sorry for offtopic...