GSoC Proposal: Extended functionality of Rebar Addon

Contributions from the participants, questions and answers to their projects.
Discussions of proposals for upcoming events.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Suraj Dadral

Re: GSoC Proposal: Extended functionality of Rebar Addon

Post by Suraj Dadral »

balrobs wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:42 am Hi @Suraj,
Here some icons I propose for Reinforcement Drawing, Reinforcement Dimensioning and Reinforcement Drawing Dimensioning. They are based on Draft-Workbench icons.
Icons.PNG
  • Reinforcement Drawing.svg
  • Reinforcement Dimensioning.svg
  • Reinforcement Drawing Dimensioning.svg
If you need them feel free to improve or use them :D
Hi @balrobs

Thanks for the great work. :D
Added these icons on freecad wiki pages: https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Reinforceme ... _Detailing

And merged Arch_Rebar_Drawing and Arch_Rebar_Dimensioning into single page Arch_Rebar_Drawing_Dimensioning.
And did minor changes in other related wiki pages to add reference for reinforcement workbench and fixed grammar issues in pages Arch_Rebar_BOM, Reinforcement_Bar_Shape_Cut_List, Reinforcement_Bar_Bending_Schedule and Arch_Rebar_Drawing_Dimensioning.

And discussed with @amrit3701 about our next tasks to do, and here is the todo list:
- Create demonstration GIF for each tool in reinforcement workbench. (similar to this)
- Update README.md file to include new features and reference to documentation pages.
- Create ChangeLog file for reinforcement workbench.
- Generate developer documentation using documentation and include description for how to extend new features like how to add new data column to BOM, etc.

More suggestions are always welcome. :)

Thanks,
balrobs

Post by balrobs »

Hi @Suraj,
Great to see all this progress in your work!
One question ... wouldn't it make sense to add the <Reinforcement Drawing>, <Reinforcement Dimensioning> and <Reinforcement Drawing Dimensioning> icons to the reinforcement toolbar?
I think this isn't much work and even if there is not yet a dialog for the user to select all possible options, it would be sufficient to run the standard script for now. I think that otherwise many inexperienced Freecad users, for whom the Python console is a hurdle, will not use this great functionality.
Thanks
balrobs
ebrahim raeyat

Post by ebrahim raeyat »

Suraj Dadral wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:15 pm
More suggestions are always welcome. :)

Thanks,
Thanks for your great work. One suggestion:

If is it possible to justify width of columns to content of columns, no equal width for all column. Thanks
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

wow here is so much great stuff going on. I could provide abs files exported from Allplan. But AFAIK it is not the latest version in Allplan. BTW. These files are heavily use in some european countries. We do use them to give data to the manufactor.

Balbros is totally right. Bar shape cut list length are not axis length but measured outside!

cheers bernd
Suraj Dadral

Post by Suraj Dadral »

balrobs wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:53 am One question ... wouldn't it make sense to add the <Reinforcement Drawing>, <Reinforcement Dimensioning> and <Reinforcement Drawing Dimensioning> icons to the reinforcement toolbar?
I think this isn't much work and even if there is not yet a dialog for the user to select all possible options, it would be sufficient to run the standard script for now. I think that otherwise many inexperienced Freecad users, for whom the Python console is a hurdle, will not use this great functionality.
Hi @balrobs

I totally agree with you.
So, created high-priority issue here to fix it after documentation process is done.

ebrahim raeyat wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:42 am If is it possible to justify width of columns to content of columns, no equal width for all column. Thanks
Hi @ebrahim raeyat

Having an option to do this will be useful.
So, created issue here to track its status.

Thanks and regards,
Suraj Dadral

Post by Suraj Dadral »

bernd wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:05 pm I could provide abs files exported from Allplan. But AFAIK it is not the latest version in Allplan. BTW. These files are heavily use in some european countries. We do use them to give data to the manufactor.
Thanks in advance @bernd
bernd wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:05 pm Balbros is totally right. Bar shape cut list length are not axis length but measured outside!
Thanks @bernd for verification. Added "high-priority" label to a related issue to fix it with high priority.

Thanks,
Suraj Dadral

Post by Suraj Dadral »

We have successfully completed GSoC 2020!! :D

Thanks @Bernd and @amrit3701 for being such great mentors and helping me throughout the project.
Thanks to the whole FreeCAD community for accepting me with open arms and helping me throughout the project.
Special thanks to @balrobs and @ebrahim raeyat for helping me throughout the project with their great suggestions, testing and much more.

Of course we are not completely done with the project yet so I will stick around and see through to it.

PS: due to some issues with my laptop, I was not able to work on project from a few days. Will continue contributing soon (most probably in 2-3 days).

Cheers :D
ebrahim raeyat

Post by ebrahim raeyat »

Suraj Dadral wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:04 am We have successfully completed GSoC 2020!! :D
Thank you @Suraj for your effort and such quality coding and documenting.
balrobs

Post by balrobs »

Suraj Dadral wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:04 am We have successfully completed GSoC 2020!! :D
Congratulations @Suraj! Thanks for your efforts and the great job done here.
You took the rebar-addon a BIG step further!!
balrobs
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

find abs files for the 4 examples of rebar2 in rebar2 repo https://github.com/berndhahnebach/rebar ... r/examples