Frontpanel simulation workbench

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Frontpanel simulation workbench

Post by Kunda1 »

dliess wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:54 am My original intention was to develop a midi-controller/sequencer application for the raspberry pi(using qml/c++) and use the real push2 device as the user interface.
Since I travel a lot, and I did not want to take the push2 with me, I thought I could develop my application against a simulation of the push, so I wrote this FpSimulation addon, and I only have to change a flag when I build my c++ application, so I can switch between real hw and simulation.
So to the question " Do you have your simulation set so that it drives (changes settings) in a real device?":
- Theoretically, it is possible, but its not directly done by the freecad-plugin, you have to write an application that connects to the plugin and proxies the data to the real device and back.
@dliess I just love the fact that your necessity and want was greater than the daunting task of coding such a thing. Very inspiring! Thank you for your work and expanding the horizon of this FreeCAD Engine (as @microelly2 calls it). Please continue to update us about your progress!
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
dliess

Post by dliess »

@Kunda1: I'm glad you like it and I hope you find some use for it :)

I have some todos for the future:
  • Otto is an amazing open-source synthesizer project [https://github.com/topisani/OTTO] lead by Tobias Pisani. I will try to port it to the push2.
    Here is the result of my first effort (there is still a lot of work to do)
    phpBB [video]
  • Grabbing framebuffer from a qml application and send it to a FpSimulation display (thats done)
    phpBB [video]
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

:shock: :o
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
dliess

Post by dliess »

added some more features to my application that I can simulate in freecad

phpBB [video]
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

:o :shock:
You actually pulled it off!!
Amazing. Congrats!