Changing Background colour

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
fordtman

Changing Background colour

Post by fordtman »

I have not used FreeCAD before and have just loaded version 0.18 revision 4. I ran into a problem when trying to change the background colour, I ended up with a motley grey colour which I can't get rid of. The following two images show the Freecad version and the setting for the display colours. Can somebody tell me what I have done wrong or suggest some way of getting out of this hole.
Attachments
setting preference.PNG
setting preference.PNG (253.35 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
startup view.PNG
startup view.PNG (334.83 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Changing Background colour

Post by chrisb »

You seem to have enabled a tiled background. You cannot change the colour then. You will have to change it in the background image.

If you attach your FreeCAD info, do it as described in the IMPORTANT forum rules linked above.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
fordtman

Post by fordtman »

chrisb wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:33 am You seem to have enabled a tiled background. You cannot change the colour then. You will have to change it in the background image.

If you attach your FreeCAD info, do it as described in the IMPORTANT forum rules linked above.
Chrisb, thank you for your help. I did have the "tiled background" set for some unknown reason. :? Merry Christmas to you and all.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

fordtman wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:01 am I ended up with a motley grey colour which I can't get rid of.
Hi fordtmanm, and welcome to the forum! Mu opinion is that what you see is the granite background (the background of nothingness). Creating a new FreeCAD document (File > New) should give you a different background.