Chamfer seem broken

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
SvenGoord

Chamfer seem broken

Post by SvenGoord »

Fillet and Chamfer seem broken. I have trouble with "chamfer parameters," the "add" it will not add. I close and select same edge again and click "chamfer the selected edges" and it add OK.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.19285 (Git) AppImage
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Python version: 3.8.1
Qt version: 5.12.5
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: Using VPN = English/United States (en_US)
I am taking EASL at night to make my English better. I use VPN for USA better searching
vocx
Veteran

Re: Chamfer seem broken

Post by vocx »

SvenGoord wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:44 pm ...
Version: 0.19.19285 (Git) AppImage
Do you have a sample file and images that demonstrate your problem?

Your version is quite old at this time. We are already in commit 0.19.19704.

There were several changes to the chamfer and fillet code lately, but they cannot be the cause of your issues because these changes happened just a few days ago, and aren't in your version. Maybe you can try a newer version and see if it works better for you.

Reference: [implemented] select several entities at once for fillets
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Your version is not quite up-to-date, but as chamfers (and fillets) are sometimes a bit picky I would rather guess it's the model or you doing something wrong. Can you upload your file or preferably a simplified version and describe step by step what you do to encounter the issue.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
SvenGoord

Post by SvenGoord »

OK, I get last. It behave different but work.

When I click add and select edge it just show blue line and not a chamfer. Before it show the chamfer when I select edge.

From before when it not show the chamfer when I click edge it was an error so I always click Remove that edge to stop error message when close. With now it not show chamfer until I close or click "add" again. It is confused for me but work OK this way.
I am taking EASL at night to make my English better. I use VPN for USA better searching
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

SvenGoord wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:05 pm ... With now it not show chamfer until I close or click "add" again. It is confused for me but work OK this way.
Double click to show the chamfer.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
SvenGoord

Post by SvenGoord »

vocx wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:47 pm Double click to show the chamfer.
Thank you but it just change line from blue to pink and not show chamfer. But when I close chamfer box it shows all chamfers where pink. Not as good as before where single click show chamfer then we know if it s good or not each time.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

SvenGoord wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:11 pm Thank you but it just change line from blue to pink and not show chamfer...
Double click in the task panel, in the list of edges.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

SvenGoord wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:44 pm Fillet and Chamfer seem broken. I have trouble with "chamfer parameters," the "add" it will not add.
The dialog has been updated. Now you can select multiple edges at once and odd them to the list of fillets.

Please move the mouse over the Add button to see the tooltip describing how the button works. So just click the add button and then the edges you like.
SvenGoord

Post by SvenGoord »

uwestoehr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:50 am The dialog has been updated. Now you can select multiple edges at once and odd them to the list of fillets.
OK, thank you. Is good now.