Display of a point not attached to the lines outside the sketch.

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Dude

Display of a point not attached to the lines outside the sketch.

Post by Dude »

In general, how to make sure that points that are not at the intersection of two visible lines are displayed outside the sketcher. I need to see these points to place the auxiliary planes. I tried to make points at the intersection with additional visible lines, but you cannot extrude a sketch with extra visible lines.
Снимок экрана_2020-03-29_21-06-15.jpg
Снимок экрана_2020-03-29_21-06-15.jpg (197.82 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
Снимок экрана_2020-03-29_21-06-36.jpg
Снимок экрана_2020-03-29_21-06-36.jpg (59.76 KiB) Viewed 1462 times

And another question, the mouse wheel, in addition to turning the page, additionally flips through a menu like this.
Снимок экрана_2020-03-29_21-36-52.png
Снимок экрана_2020-03-29_21-36-52.png (1.9 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
And when I leaf through the page, the cursor comes across a menu and starts changing it. It is very inconvenient how you can turn off the parameter change with the mouse wheel.
TheMarkster
Veteran

Re: Display of a point not attached to the lines outside the sketch.

Post by TheMarkster »

Here is a way, but it is a hack and would only work in 0.19, and possibly only a very recent build.

phpBB [video]

An alternative would be to create a second sketch only to be used as the reference, consisting of a visible line segment connected from one point to the other. The circle would be construction mode in that other sketch.
Dude

Post by Dude »

Thanks for the work. I just want to know that this is really impossible to do with default tools. I will wait for more feedback, and try to give a request for such a function. Auxiliary geometry is already implemented, and this feature will give much more functionality.
TheMarkster
Veteran

Post by TheMarkster »

I see. Points are currently always treated as construction mode geometry. An option to have them either normal mode or construction mode might make sense, but I'm sure this has already been discussed (and probably proposed) many times.
vocx
Veteran

Re:

Post by vocx »

Dude wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:07 pm ...Auxiliary geometry is already implemented, and this feature will give much more functionality.
Why don't you add a datum point (PartDesign_Point) or coordinate system? That's the reason datum objects were created, to serve as auxiliary geometry that is common to the entire PartDesign Body, not only to a single sketch.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
Dude

Post by Dude »

vocx wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:45 pm Why don't you add a datum point (PartDesign_Point) or coordinate system? That's the reason datum objects were created, to serve as auxiliary geometry that is common to the entire PartDesign Body, not only to a single sketch.
I can’t snap the auxiliary point in the part design to the sketch points, if the sketch point is not visible at part design. If this is possible in an adequate way, tell me please.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

There is already a feature request for this.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi

and if ... use the point line
PointAngle_30_Degrees00.gif
PointAngle_30_Degrees00.gif (799.26 KiB) Viewed 1345 times
mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
Dude

Post by Dude »

mario52 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:47 pm
The line is not tied to the sketch, the parameterization is lost. If there is a request for a function, then I will wait.
And the essence is not only in a straight line with a point, but in any sketch geometry that can be use in outside.
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

You can make a master sketch with a line, attach a datum line, then a datum plane.
Attachments
out_plane.FCStd
(6.36 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
datum33.JPG
datum33.JPG (36.63 KiB) Viewed 1298 times