[SOLVED] Freecad 0.19 becames unusable, blocks for some seconds on every single change

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wmayer
Founder

Re: [SOLVED] Freecad 0.19 becames unusable, blocks for some seconds on every single change

Post by wmayer »

No time to investigate more.
It works! With the file and undoing the change I could reproduce the problem. After redoing it the issue is gone.
fredericleuba

Re: [SOLVED] Freecad 0.19 becames unusable, blocks for some seconds on every single change

Post by fredericleuba »

wmayer wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:00 am
No time to investigate more.
It works! With the file and undoing the change I could reproduce the problem. After redoing it the issue is gone.
It sounds great, but sorry, I don't understand. What do you mean by "undoing and redoing"?
Can it help to identify and fix an issue in the source code, and make FreeCAD better?
Thanks

Fred
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

fredericleuba wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:15 pm It sounds great, but sorry, I don't understand. What do you mean by "undoing and redoing"?
Can it help to identify and fix an issue in the source code, and make FreeCAD better?
This is the change I made a few days ago: git commit d65d01b30dbf
To see if it's the culprit of the slow response of the GUI I undid this change locally for testing purposes and this showed me that it's causing the problems.
When I restored the change then the GUI responds immediately with no delay.

So, this issue is fixed now and if you like you can re-enable the Sync View option.