help for v 16 problems

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mack5

help for v 16 problems

Post by mack5 »

hi

I been working with v 16 for 2 years now all is well some now it is not allowing me to end the commands when I draw a circle, square or any other object. I click on the enter key, escape key and hit the space bar to end the command but nothing works now.

to end the command now I close the drawing click on edit the sketch then re open the file, then I can continue and draw a new object. I am on wind0ws 10 and have new windows updates. I reloaded v16 64 windows version, several time now deleted all x86 files and still having problems. some functions are not working also now.

is it time to save goodbye to v16 and move on? v 16 is very simple for me and I am not understanding what model does and part options do before I can start a new drawing in v17.

i know v16 is old now but I hate to move away from v16.

help

thanks everyone
---------------------------------------------------------------
freecad

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.16.6712 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-16
Hash: da2d364457257a7a8c6fb2137cea12c45becd71a
Python version: 2.7.8
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.8.0.oce-0.17
----------
chrisb
Veteran

Re: help for v 16 problems

Post by chrisb »

I can understand you. 0.16 has has some clarity, especially in the dependency graph, which got lost in later versions. But the advantages with the sketches not having to be attached to faces anymore allows much more stable models and many things become much easier.

If you decide to stick to 0.16, you may try to delete your config file for a reset.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
vocx
Veteran

Re: help for v 16 problems

Post by vocx »

mack5 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:54 am ...
is it time to save goodbye to v16 and move on? v 16 is very simple for me and I am not understanding what model does and part options do before I can start a new drawing in v17.
Version 0.17 is already obsolete. Of course you should be moving to v0.18 at least. Even v0.19 would be great.

If you stay with v0.16 forget about getting any help from forum regulars, as most power users have moved to v0.18 and v0.19.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.