Sketcher show only selected Elements and Constraints

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
blyefd

Sketcher show only selected Elements and Constraints

Post by blyefd »

Is there a filter to limit items in the Elements and Constraint lists to show only those that are selected?

If not, then I propose such an idea:
There is a Filter dropdown choice in Constraints... perhaps add "Selected". Same with Elements list.
When there are no constraints selected, then filter the list to show only constraints for the selected elements.
Finally, when no elements or constraints are selected, then the lists will show all.

thank you!
Bance
Veteran

Re: Sketcher show only selected Elements and Constraints

Post by Bance »

blyefd

Post by blyefd »

No not quite. This selects the Elements/Constraints in the list but does not filter the list to show only those selected. When the lists are very long, it still takes time finding the selected elements/constraints.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

blyefd wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:03 pm There is a Filter dropdown choice in Constraints... perhaps add "Selected". Same with Elements list.
When there are no constraints selected, then filter the list to show only constraints for the selected elements.
Finally, when no elements or constraints are selected, then the lists will show all.
I support the basic idea. I am not sure if it is too tricky, with different behaviour for selected elements and selected constraints. I would propose a filter "Show constraints of selected elements" which would do exactly what its name says. If nothing is selected it could either be empty or show the full list.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.