Hello, World!

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Re: Hello, World!

Post by triplus »

Well code developers didn't over do it with terms like Python & C++ coding. They just used Developers corner. Designers corner and verbose description in human readable form under it feels aligned to existing terminology guidelines to me.
agryson

Post by agryson »

I admit that this is my bad, I feared that simply calling it "Design" would be confused with 3D or parametric design so I suggested the current title to Yorik at the time. I think having at least "UI" in the title clarifies the purpose somewhat, at least for me.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

I am fine with whatever will be the final solution. And i see your point.

I was thinking as there is extended information available under the forum section title area and the forum section is listed under the development forum section. For this by itself to clear things out. But i guess it could cause confusion. If you intend to leave the UI part in the forum section title and not to change it in a human readable form therefore keeping UX part likely also makes sense as it is now. As after all both UI and UX related discussion will be created in this forum section in the future.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

NormandC wrote:I believe that keeping it buried under Developers corner will impede its discoverability, hence impede user participation.
agryson wrote:Despite me being totally biased, me too
Ok, I now moved it to the development section, not buried anymore!
I was merely thinking this forum would be a kind of sub-topic of development talk, so it seemed appropriate...