r/FreeCAD SubReddit logo

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD

Moderator: agryson

Kunda1

r/FreeCAD SubReddit logo

Post by Kunda1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:27 am

Anyone interested in customizing the logo for https://www.reddit.com/r/FreeCAD/ ?

Here are some other FOSS subreddit logos:
Scribus: Image

Blender: https://www.reddit.com/r/blender/
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features

triplus

Re: r/FreeCAD SubReddit logo

Post by triplus » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:50 pm

FreeCAD has an official logo. Therefore if anything official is at play the quest is likely already achieved.

P.S. We usually have an annual FreeCAD logo event (this year we already held one). When we discuss design in general and FreeCAD logo. You can try at the next one or if it is not officially related to FreeCAD i guess best to open the quest on Reddit. As FreeCAD Reddit community likely knows best what logo works for them.

Kunda1

Post by Kunda1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:34 pm

triplus wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:50 pm
FreeCAD has an official logo. Therefore if anything official is at play the quest is likely already achieved.
Reddit subreddits usually have a way of fusing both the reddit alien and whatever logo of their software or brand. So the idea that it would be a fusion of FC logo and Reddit alien.

Good idea about the logo contest ;)
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features

triplus

Post by triplus » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:30 pm

I don't use Reddit therefore i don't know what would work best for Reddit FreeCAD community. If communities on Reddit do it like that for sure it could make sense if Reddit FreeCAD community would do that. That is why i said best to ask that on Reddit as there is where the logo will be used.

P.S. If other communities like Reddit FreeCAD community adopt annual design/logo event. In general that for sure does make sense to me.