Global Menu problem

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
OficineRobotica

Re: Global Menu problem

Post by OficineRobotica »

I went ahead and (after backup) deleted the .Freecad folder in home. After relaunch off the app the menu behaves correctly. Your comit totally works. I will try to reinstall the various addons one by one and see if that problem pops up again. I surely hope not. The top bar on my system is latte dock and on version 0.19 will support dynamic background color based on the theming of the app in use. That together with the dark style sheet in freecad will make for a really nice site on my 14 inch screen laptop when on the go.
Check out my Youtube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/@OficineRobotica
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

OficineRobotica wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:00 am I went ahead and (after backup) deleted the .Freecad folder in home. After relaunch off the app the menu behaves correctly. Your comit totally works.
Good to hear that.
daredevildexter

Post by daredevildexter »

Hi, I am using Freecad 0.19 on KDE. I am also facing the same issue.
For a quick workaround I created a Macro. Whenever the Menu inflates out of visual range, I execute this Macro.
I am attaching the Macro. If you want, you can copy this to your User Macro Location.
Attachments
Reset Global Menu.FCMacro
Reset Global Menu.FCMacro
(93 Bytes) Downloaded 39 times
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

daredevildexter wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:48 pm Hi, I am using Freecad 0.19 on KDE. I am also facing the same issue.
For a quick workaround I created a Macro. Whenever the Menu inflates out of visual range, I execute this Macro.
I am attaching the Macro. If you want, you can copy this to your User Macro Location.
good for you but wouldn't it be easier to just enable this parameter?
triplus wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:31 am You can now create a parameter under Tools -> Edit parameters ... -> BaseApp -> Preferences -> MainWindow. It should be a new Boolean item named ClearMenuBar and it should be set to true.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

btw, I just documented this parameter on Fine-tuning now, no wonder I didn't know about it before.
daredevildexter

Post by daredevildexter »

Wow, the ClearMenuBar Parameter is working just fine. The Menu bar is now behaving correctly.
Thanks for pointing this trick out. Somehow I'd overlooked it at the first place :roll: . Thank You!