I have a couple of items like those below. Maybe its better to have seperate posts for each.
Would be interested what you think about those
- Project name: The first clickable item in the tree is the project name. I remember as new user I have been very confused because I could not change that name. I never found where its documented, but by chance many hours later I noted that I rename it by saving the file. I can rename it by "save as...". I think it would be consistent to add a context menu entry "rename" as for the others, just here open the Save/Save as dialog.
- The project name context menu could show a grayed out "delete" function. It then would tell explicitly "you can not delete this". Now its unclear to new users.
- Workbench selector: This is a very often used item. But a combo box is not the best way to do it - however its still the best way in V0.18. I have tried to tabs toolbar, but in every WB it seems to have a different position and size, so I come back to the combo box. The combo box has no context menu. A context menu could open a dialog where I could select/select the WBs displayed. Example: the robot WB or ShipWB are rarely used, but I do not want to uninstall them, in case I might use them in the future. I would deselect them in such a dialog. If the dialog would furhter allow me to order the WBs, I would but Sketcher, Part Design, Part on to, because its the quickest to reach after opening the combo box.
- Property Editor. I find that 99% of the time when I open the Data/Plancement tree item in the Property Editor its to change the Position values. Each time its 2clicks and scroll. It would be handy to have it open to Position as default. Alternatively, since defaults are always a bit difficult, it should be possibel to have it remember what I opened last time and do it again
- Wouldn't it helpful to be able to close a sketch by context menu? The task tab close button is often scrolled away
- What are the best de-clutter strategies for the Sketcher WB? I find in V0.18 the toolbar "Sketcher Virtual Space" very useful. I have no idea what "virutal space" refers to, but I found that the button allows me to toggle the checkboxes in the constraints list field. When I manually uncheck constrains I want to hide I can declutter my skech signigicantly. Should I need any of those, I just press that button - extremely useful. What remains tedious is to select all the automatically created items (e.g. vertical and horizontal constraints) because I can not sort the list by type and mark all and context/Hide them in one go. The filter settings are not helpful for this use case.