[SOLVED] Request for IfcProject icon?

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jmaustpc
Veteran

Re: Request for IfcProject icon?

Post by jmaustpc »

bitacovir wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:00 am
jmaustpc wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:34 am
As I said above, its not a ruler but a "T square", they don't traditionally have any numbers on them, you use it to draw horizontal lines but you also use it to sit another square on it to give you lines on other angles.
Totally true what you say. But... at Latin america we call it "Regla T". Spanish: Regla=Ruler, because of its shape more similar to a ruler than a square (triangular). And we old architects used to use them as swords to fight for our honor... (Latin America is a savage land)
What more savage that Australia, which has 8 of the world's 10 most dangerous snakes etc... :D

A bit of trivia, a doctor up at the base hospital told me that despite all of Australia's deadly spiders/snakes/sharks/crocodiles/jellyfish/blue ringed octopus/etc. in Australia the highest number of animal related deaths comes from stupid horses! Horses in Australia are almost all just pets/race horses, a statistically insignificant amount are used on farms or for anything serious any more. I was surprised that cattle were the next highest and the third was bees (anaphylactic reaction to bee stings)!

It's called a square in English, has nothing to do with a generic triangle only a right triangle, it's because in that context "square" means 90degrees or "right angle", so it produces a working edge that is "square" (or 90 degrees) to the edge of the drawing table.