group icon

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yorik
Founder

group icon

Post by yorik »

In git commit 8de92d25c9 changed the group icon back to use the system's 'folder' icon if available (not sure it works on windows, though). Tell me if you see any issue with it!
bitacovir
Veteran

Re: group icon

Post by bitacovir »

yorik wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:44 pm In git commit 8de92d25c9 changed the group icon back to use the system's 'folder' icon if available (not sure it works on windows, though). Tell me if you see any issue with it!
Sorry. I sue windows but I don`t understand your change.
::bitacovir::
==================
One must be absolutely modern.
Arthur Rimbaud (A Season in Hell -1873)

Canal Youtube Grupo Telegram de FreeCAD Español

My personal web site
My GitHub repository
Mini Airflow Tunnel Project
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

bitacovir wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:20 pm Sorry. I sue windows but I don`t understand your change.
The icon for the Std Group tool looks like a folder. The icon is called Group.svg.

However, with this commit, Yorik changes the code to use the icon folder.svg. Why? Because according to his commit, it is the "freedesktop" name for a group icon. Using this standardized name means that the icon can be replaced on the fly by the operating system theme, at least in Linux. "Freedesktop" refers to a set of standards pushed in Linux to have interoperability between desktop managers like GNOME and KDE.

The two icons, Group.svg and folder.svg, are identical, and are included in FreeCAD. Therefore, in theory everything should be working normally, and you should not notice a change. Yorik is just being cautious; let him know if you notice something doesn't seem to work right.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
bitacovir
Veteran

Post by bitacovir »

vocx wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:46 pm let him know if you notice something doesn't seem to work right.
Ok. Thanks. I understand now.
And the icon is ok in my windows 10.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.18213 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 22babc09954ac6fda9135ee71d68550921659b1c
Python version: 3.6.8
Qt version: 5.12.1
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0