Modern UI

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
cadcam

Re: Modern UI

Post by cadcam »

I am sorry if I have misunderstood the operation of ModernUI or have messed-up my setup, but I have been having troble trying to access e a number of macros, both via icons and keyboard shortcuts.

Customising a toolbar is possible, but it doesn't seem to be automatically picked to the ModernUI ribbon, understandable. As such the macro is not runnable via icon or shortcut. I can activate the toolbarusing View -> toolbars , I tend to locate it at the side so as not to distrupt the position of the UI ribbon, and I can access via hotkeys. However, if I leave and return to the WB the additional toobar is forgotten. Is this the expected behavior?

Many Thanks in advance for any help/pointers
HakanSeven12
Veteran

Post by HakanSeven12 »

If you change wb and then return back ui only loads toolbars of wb. The other toolbars you added manually will be disappear. Because they are not the part of the wb you selected.
freecadlzh

Post by freecadlzh »

After using your workbench, I found that there are two shortcomings. I wonder if it can be modified by setting.
Looks like below:
无标题.png
无标题.png (49.7 KiB) Viewed 2071 times
Problem1:
When the display style is dark-xxx, the color of the small white bar is quite different from that of the toolbar. Can it be automatically changed to dark?
Problem2:
When the mouse moves to the top of the button or clicks the mouse, no color change of the button is found, which will give people the illusion that the button has not been successfully clicked.
HakanSeven12
Veteran

Post by HakanSeven12 »

I think problem1 is about dark themes itself. I can do something for problem2.
freecadlzh

Post by freecadlzh »

HakanSeven12 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:01 am I think problem1 is about dark themes itself. I can do something for problem2.
Really? Great, Means your new version of "Modern UI" can do it ? Can I get it from github now?
HakanSeven12
Veteran

Post by HakanSeven12 »

Not now. I don't have a computer now a days. Maybe a month later.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

HakanSeven12 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:04 pm Not now. I don't have a computer now a days. Maybe a month later.
Did you see Microsoft announce they will abandon ribbon menu to be replaced by a more modern interface?
Maybe in a month you'll have to rename your workbench as being "Legacy UI". :lol:
HakanSeven12
Veteran

Post by HakanSeven12 »

openBrain wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:30 pm Did you see Microsoft announce they will abandon ribbon menu to be replaced by a more modern interface?
Maybe in a month you'll have to rename your workbench as being "Legacy UI". :lol:
:mrgreen:

Screenshot_20200729-221605.jpg
Screenshot_20200729-221605.jpg (117.73 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
allaneploth

Post by allaneploth »

This looks like a very useful addition to FreeCAD, but I cannot get it installed, for some reason. Does this conflict with any other workbenches? Is there anything I need to remove before installing this one? Thanks so much. -- Allan
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Your first post, welcome to FreeCAD.
allaneploth wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:44 pm This looks like a very useful addition to FreeCAD, but I cannot get it installed, for some reason. Does this conflict with any other workbenches? Is there anything I need to remove before installing this one? Thanks so much. -- Allan
It might help if you post your FreeCAD version data, the forum rules link above the Help forum shows you how to do this.

Honestly though, if you are new to FreeCAD the best advice is to start by learning the basics with as much left to default values as possible and no add-ons, until you are familiar with FreeCAD. Doing so will save you much confusion and headaches as well as making getting support easier.