Drawing Elements on more than one Page

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
tcs_ulrich

Drawing Elements on more than one Page

Post by tcs_ulrich »

I had Problems to find intuitive how to place Elements on different than the first Drawing Page. Chrisnb has shown me that i can handle this with multiselecting the target page.

Intuitively (does this word exists ;)) i would expect the workflow as with parts "active part" -> "active page"

what do you think ?
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Drawing Elements on more than one Page

Post by chrisb »

Sounds reasonable.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

tcs_ulrich wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:20 pm I had Problems to find intuitive how to place Elements on different than the first Drawing Page. Chrisnb has shown me that i can handle this with multiselecting the target page.

Intuitively (does this word exists ;)) i would expect the workflow as with parts "active part" -> "active page"
If you have two pages, and one of those is currently displayed, a new View will be added to the currently displayed page (if you haven't specified a page).

if you have two pages, and neither is currently displayed (ie you're looking at the 3D window), then you have to specify which page gets the new View.

If you're not looking at either page, which one is "active"?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

wandererfan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:41 pm If you're not looking at either page, which one is "active"?
I can imagine something like "toggle active" as with the body or the Part container. Then you can stay in 3D view, select things and simply add them without needing to switch tabs or add the page to the selection.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
tcs_ulrich

Post by tcs_ulrich »

wandererfan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:41 pm If you have two pages, and one of those is currently displayed, a new View will be added to the currently displayed page (if you haven't specified a page).
Maybe its an Bug but at time Freecad adds Elements always to Page1 and not to the active Tab
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

tcs_ulrich wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:21 am Maybe its an Bug but at time Freecad adds Elements always to Page1 and not to the active Tab
It seems to work here:
NewViewToActivePage.gif
NewViewToActivePage.gif (272.12 KiB) Viewed 627 times
on
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.18273 +4 (Git)
Build type: debug
Branch: NewSectionDialog
Hash: 76a13f9061abdda59ca40ec38d1812e77cd1de14
Python version: 3.6.8
Qt version: 5.9.5