Textblock macro suggestion

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Roland

Textblock macro suggestion

Post by Roland »

Dear Wanderfan and other assemblers.

Under Drawing WB (past) I used a macro to create an easily editable text block on drawings.
The idea is that the editing is made more easy by using a spreadsheet.
I attach the macro, and an example document in which the macro has been used. (plus a drawing template that is required for it to properly work)

Unfortunately, I cannot make this thing working under Techdraw. (actually, I am not a python coder, and the colleague who created it is no longer here).

For me this approach was quite useful, and I am sending this to you as a suggestion for your review. You can test it under FC17 and the Drawing WB.

Do you think such a thing could be useful for TechDraw?

Best regards,

Roland
Attachments
DrawMacroExample.FCStd
(57.25 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
A4_Landscape_CF-May2019.svg
(63.55 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
FillTextBlockMacro_UK.FCMacro
(2.58 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: Textblock macro suggestion

Post by wandererfan »

Roland wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:15 am Unfortunately, I cannot make this thing working under Techdraw. (actually, I am not a python coder, and the colleague who created it is no longer here).

For me this approach was quite useful, and I am sending this to you as a suggestion for your review. You can test it under FC17 and the Drawing WB.

Do you think such a thing could be useful for TechDraw?
Looks good. Needs some changes to work with TD - EditableTexts belong to Template, not Page, and EditableTexts is a python-dictionary, not a Python list. Also the Spreadsheet would have to live outside the Page, I think, but I'll have to check that.

There's also this related feature request: issue #3911