Problem with the view of an engine assembly

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
panda1967

Problem with the view of an engine assembly

Post by panda1967 »

Hi. I can not get any view for this assembly of engine.

engine-3d.png
engine-3d.png (110.1 KiB) Viewed 1871 times

The view results simply empty. The step file was obtained from an assembly made with a2plus.
This assembly is compounded by different sub-assemblies, one of them seems to be the culprit, in fact I can not get view of that too, whereas the other sub-assemblies are correctly shown. Here both step files, of the full angine and of the sub-assembly.

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Public/ ... e=personal
https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Public/ ... e=personal

Thanks.
Massimo

My system:
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.
Build type: Release
Branch: unknown
Hash: e813c5adfdb48f4b4c27966cb8b04948e97573d2
Python version: 3.6.9
Qt version: 5.9.5
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: Italian/Italy (it_IT)
--
My native language is not English, please excuse me any incorrectness, I apologize for any inconvenience caused, thank you
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: Problem with the view of an engine assembly

Post by wandererfan »

Can not get files from these links. Did you do the "create link" process in Dropbox?
panda1967

Post by panda1967 »

wandererfan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:10 pm Did you do the "create link" process in Dropbox?
Sorry! Done.
--
My native language is not English, please excuse me any incorrectness, I apologize for any inconvenience caused, thank you
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

panda1967 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:42 pm Sorry! Done.
Still no luck. I think those links only work for you.

When I make a link for others on my dropbox, the url looks like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmnar7cal9na5 ... 1.png?dl=0
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

You may have changed the rights on the files, but that is not enough. You have to create a new link as well. And it's not the link from your browser's web access.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
panda1967

Post by panda1967 »

Ok! The process in Dropbox is a bit farraginous but now I think I understand. I already made once but I forgot. I think now this links are ok:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fewvouwhuqxvv ... .step?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dttcxahs4hj5p ... .step?dl=0
--
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

The first object inside of sub-engine shows errors with CheckGeometry. This may throw TechDraw off the rail?

Edit: Same with engine: SimpleAssemblyShape shows InvalidCurveOnSurface errors.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
panda1967

Post by panda1967 »

I am sorry for not having thought before to excute CheckGeometry over the assembly. I just executed this control over the sub-engine and it shows a lot of "BOPAlgo SelfIntersect" errors.

I controlled each part compounding the sub-assembly and I discovered that there are 10 bodies showing this error. I will explore about this errors.
Last edited by panda1967 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

panda1967 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:43 am is it possible that no part shows geometrical errors in itself but some geometrical errors arise as a consequence of the assembly process?
I'm not sure if the Assembly expert listen here. If you don't get answers, you may ask this in the Assembly forum.
panda1967

Post by panda1967 »

chrisb wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:56 am
panda1967 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:43 am is it possible that no part shows geometrical errors in itself but some geometrical errors arise as a consequence of the assembly process?
I'm not sure if the Assembly expert listen here. If you don't get answers, you may ask this in the Assembly forum.
Sorry, I removed my question because it became no more pertinent, after I discovered that there are bodies showing in itself the error.

Anyway, none of these, taken individually, gives problems with TechDraw: I already made the draws of them without problem.
--