TechDraw annotations

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
PhysicsTeacher

TechDraw annotations

Post by PhysicsTeacher »

I'm a Blender person, but I was tasked with coming up with a record of the anti-erosion efforts at my co-op in upper Westchester county. I found an old print of the original water main installation and erosion changes to the grounds. I discovered freeCAD, and I'm in love! 50 years ago I discovered AutoCAD, and I relied on it for many years while I built robots. Now that I'm retired from building robots and later from teaching physics, I have taken on the task of documenting the anti-erosion measures implemented in my Summer community here. I made a tracing of the original water line and anti-erosion measures I found in an old file cabinet, and I traced the info as best I could.
Here's my problem: I annotated each cottage with its number, but when I make a view page, the annotations don't come through. I have traced the locations of all the septic tanks and tile fields, and that comes through in a TechDraw view. The annotations of the cottage numbers and other annotations do not come into the view insert to the TechDraw page.
What am I missing?
I've been all through the forums to no avail. All I really want is to make a labeled map of my co-op and show some physical details that need to be preserved for posterity.
My freeCAD setup:
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.22492 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 621e1d603b2a8d1bcdcd8dc5c34bc8c35d29feb2
Python version: 3.8.5
Qt version: 5.12.6
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: English/United States (en_US)
Any help will be greatly appreciated. I used AutoCAD for many years while I built robots, but I lost the thread 25 years ago when I retired and started teaching.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: TechDraw annotations

Post by chrisb »

I have split this topic and gave it a new title, as it has (yet) nothing to do with improving TechDraw.

Can you upload the file? If it is too big you may provide it via a publicly available file service.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.