Test tutorial for Assembly 3 WB

A place to share learning material: written tutorials, videos, etc.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
heron

Re: Test tutorial for Assembly 3 WB

Post by heron »

Hello,

I have finally managed to finish the montage and animation of the windmill. It has been a great effort and a lot of fun too. I have also learned a lot.

With your jpg87 license, I hope you don't mind, I'm going to leave a bit sample of the result here, a piece of the main part of the Project/Tutorial

test_Eol_Asm3.gif
test_Eol_Asm3.gif (1019.15 KiB) Viewed 2696 times

I had many questions, comments or notes, but I don't know if you prefer to keep this thread clean ... :?:

Thank you very much for these didactic tutorials, and here I camp not to miss anything ... and waiting impatiently for TechDraw lessons ....

Kind Regards !!!
jpg87

Post by jpg87 »

HK sxx wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:13 amHello,
Hello, this is beautiful!
I am very happy that my videos are useful.

HK sxx wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:13 am With your jpg87 license, I hope you don't mind, I'm going to leave a bit sample of the result here, a piece of the main part of the Project/Tutorial
No problem: I just don't want users to make money directly from my work. I just want to work for the FreeCAD community.

HK sxx wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:13 am I had many questions, comments or notes, but I don't know if you prefer to keep this thread clean ...
No problem either: it keeps the forum alive.
I don't have the answer to everything, I am passionately discovering the work of @Realthunder and when I think I have roughly understood I post a result ... and I edit it if I think I can do better.

HK sxx wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:13 am and waiting impatiently for TechDraw lessons ....
At the moment I have no plans to work on it in the near future, and it will probably only be general beginners ...

Kind Regards.
My website : http://help-freecad-jpg87.fr updated 2023/11/06
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

HK sxx wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:13 am test_Eol_Asm3.gif
Wow, can you upload a higher quality animated gif (somewhere that doesn't have size restrictions) + omit the screenshot of the code (so it's one continuous gif) . lol Is that a lot to ask ?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
jpg87

Post by jpg87 »

Kunda1 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:32 pm...
Is this something like that you want?

phpBB [video]
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

:+1:
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
heron

Post by heron »

jpg87 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:33 pm Is this something like that you want?
Hello,
I can't view the video. I do not get any link where to click. Although I suppose it is the last one you have posted on your website, it is very good.
I am working on the gif as Kunda1 suggested, only I am having problems because my pc is too short and freezes. I think that tonight I can finish it, with another pc.
After looking for where to upload it, I had decided to upload it to gifyu.com, but a question has arisen since I have seen that your video is published under license CreativeCommons, in addition to your previous comment which I do not understand very well:
jpg87 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:09 am I just don't want users to make money directly from my work. I just want to work for the FreeCAD community.
Is there any problem or inconvenience if I publish the gifs on gifyu.com without any kind of license?
I can't think of how to make money with your work even if I wanted to, maybe your comment is because this mechanism is your invention ???

Regards.
jpg87

Post by jpg87 »

HK sxx wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:14 pm I can't view the video. I do not get any link where to click. Although I suppose it is the last one you have posted on your website, it is very good.
Normally just click on the picture. In any case, this is indeed the last video on the page "Create the animation of a mechanism" of my website.
(http://help-freecad-jpg87.fr/0269_ass_ex_creat_Glob.php)

HK sxx wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:14 pm Is there any problem or inconvenience if I publish the gifs on gifyu.com without any kind of license?
No : I am only thinking of indelicate people who would like to use my site to carry out paid training!

FYI, the mechanism is my design.
heron

Post by heron »

jpg87 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:05 pm Normally just click on the picture. In any case, this is indeed the last video on the page "Create the animation of a mechanism" of my website.
(http://help-freecad-jpg87.fr/0269_ass_ex_creat_Glob.php)
Just that I wanted to say, I can't click on the picture. I had already seen it in your website, I'm just saying it for your information. Excuse my English, I use the translator.
jpg87 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:05 pm No : I am only thinking of indelicate people who would like to use my site to carry out paid training!
Ok, Now I understand it all.
jpg87 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:05 pm FYI, the mechanism is my design.
WOW, you are a genious !!! It is a pleasure for me to chat with you. :)
I hope you can take advantage of your invention.

Hasta la vista !
jpg87

Post by jpg87 »

HK sxx wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:52 pm Just that I wanted to say, I can't click on the picture.
Weird! I tested on two computers: under Windows (10) and Firefox, it's OK. With Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome impossible.
Under Linux Ubuntu 20.04 and Firefox, nothing either. Is this an addon problem? I do not know. My videos are in mp4 format.
Kunda1 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:32 pm...
Hello Kunda1, do you know why my video is not playing on some browsers? It turns out that the same videos play normally from my website. Could this be a problem coming from the forum?

HK sxx wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:52 pm WOW, you are a genious !!! It is a pleasure for me to chat with you. :)
I hope you can take advantage of your invention.
you must not exaggerate. It's just a CAD user fun.
Last edited by jpg87 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
heron

Post by heron »

Kunda1 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:32 pm can you upload a higher quality animated gif (somewhere that doesn't have size restrictions) + omit the screenshot of the code (so it's one continuous gif) . lol Is that a lot to ask ?
I think I have got.

The sequence that I have tried to simulate is the following:

1 - A suitable wind blows, so the windmill moves at the appropriate speed (S1), keeping the blades in their initial position. (from 0 to 30 degrees)
2 - A gust of strong wind is coming and increases the speed of the mill (S2). (from 30 to 60 degrees)
3 - The Weights are pushed by centrifugal force, bringing the blades to their final position. (from 60 to 104 degrees)
4 - With the blades in final position and strong wind, the speed of the windmill is reduced to the apropiate speed (S1). (from 104 to 130 degrees)
5 - The gust of strong wind ends and with the blades in final position, the speed of the windmill is reduced too much (S1/2). (from 130 to 140 degrees)
6 - The Weights are pushed in by the Elastic and move the blades to the initial position. (from 140 to 151 degrees)
7 - Again with the blades in the initial position and the suitable wind, the windmill is moving at the appropriate speed (S1). (from 151 to 180 degrees)
8 - The previous seven steps are repeated. (from 180 to 360 degrees)

Needless to say, the animated gif repeats the sequence infinitely :D

The windmill seen from outside : https://gifyu.com/image/jRER
And here we see the insides: https://gifyu.com/image/jREj

I hope you like it, greetings!!!