FreeCAD Tutorials on the Berserk Design Channel

A place to share learning material: written tutorials, videos, etc.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Berserk design

FreeCAD Tutorials on the Berserk Design Channel

Post by Berserk design »

Hi, thank you very much for reading this post.

This is the result of an attempt to spread the use of FreeCAD in technical schools and universities from Berserk Design.

The intention is to do several exercises performed in FreeCAD with the aim of showing students and engineering graduates that FreeCAD is totally viable.
I have other projects that accompany this work, but I want to share with this community what I am doing.

The album with the plans / diagrams can be found on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Berserk.des ... 3329978702
Unfortunately, the videos are in Spanish, but they can easily follow very easily.
Observa mi poderosa mano :twisted:
vocx
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD Tutorials on the Berserk Design Channel

Post by vocx »

Berserk design wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:40 am The intention is to do several exercises performed in FreeCAD with the aim of showing students and engineering graduates that FreeCAD is totally viable.
Always mention the version of FreeCAD that you are using. Many new CAD users start watching old videos of 0.16 and then get confused when things don't work quite the same in modern versions.

We need good videos of recent FreeCAD versions to displace the old ones. Video tutorials.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
Berserk design

Post by Berserk design »

• FreeCAD 0.18
  • S.O. Ubuntu 18 KDE plasma
Berserk design

Post by Berserk design »

vocx wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:16 am Always mention the version of FreeCAD that you are using. Many new CAD users start watching old videos of 0.16 and then get confused when things don't work quite the same in modern versions.

We need good videos of recent FreeCAD versions to displace the old ones. Video tutorials.
Thank you.
I hadn't considered that, but you're right, it's important to consider the version you're using
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

Berserk design wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:23 am FreeCAD 0.18
I mean, mention it in the video itself, the video description, and the video title. Make it obvious so that there is no confusion.

We really want to stress to new users that 0.17 introduced a new way of working with PartDesign, so watching videos for 0.17 and above is better than a video from 0.16 and earlier.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Berserk design wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:40 am
To add to what @vocx mentions, it's also important when you post here on the forum, or in general AND especially when you create content about FreeCAD, that you mention the
Help > About FreeCAD > Copy to clipboard
One very important reason is that FreeCAD is packaged by different sources, some of those source don't have up to date dependencies that are used to build FC which can cause all sort of anomalies. This can help you followers troubleshoot why your tutorial might not be working for them even though they've followed all the steps.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs