UAV-tutorial / compressible-solver

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

oliveroxtoby

Re: UAV-tutorial / compressible-solver

Post by oliveroxtoby »

shIxx wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:50 pm Deleting the hisa-master folder has led to less errors (I think). Nevertheless, it showed a few red lines:
Exception in thread Thread-3:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\thoma\Desktop\FreeCAD_0.18.14928_x64_dev_win\bin\lib\threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "C:\Users\thoma\Desktop\FreeCAD_0.18.14928_x64_dev_win\bin\lib\threading.py", line 754, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "C:\Users\thoma\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\CfdOF\WindowsRunWrapper.py", line 50, in processStderr
sys.stderr.write(output.decode())
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 46: ordinal not in range(128)
I have made a few changes that I hope would solve the unicode error. But it is still a mystery as to why the build does not complete. It seems the linking step is not being run on the executables.

To clarify and take a few unknowns out of the equation, I would suggest you try cleaning and rebuilding HiSA from the blueCFD Core terminal:

Code: Select all

cd blueCFD/ofuser-of5/hisa-master
./Allclean
./Allwmake
(note the Allclean command). Try the dependency checker to see if this worked (there are some error messages produced in the build which are expected).
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
shIxx

Post by shIxx »

oliveroxtoby wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:29 pm I have made a few changes that I hope would solve the unicode error. But it is still a mystery as to why the build does not complete. It seems the linking step is not being run on the executables.

To clarify and take a few unknowns out of the equation, I would suggest you try cleaning and rebuilding HiSA from the blueCFD Core terminal:

Code: Select all

cd blueCFD/ofuser-of5/hisa-master
./Allclean
./Allwmake
(note the Allclean command). Try the dependency checker to see if this worked (there are some error messages produced in the build which are expected).
Well, I did everything as described and now the HiSa solver works.
I'm attache the output from the blueCFD terminal, it does not mean anything to me, but maybe it'll help you.
The lnInclude folder now includes six files and the preconditioner folder includes three files.
Then I deleted the hisa-master folder again to see if the installation works from the CFD preference and YES everything works fine!
Thank you for your help.
Attachments
hisa-master_src_preconditioners_preconditioner.JPG
hisa-master_src_preconditioners_preconditioner.JPG (45.8 KiB) Viewed 851 times
hisa-master_src_preconditioners_lnInclude.JPG
hisa-master_src_preconditioners_lnInclude.JPG (59.85 KiB) Viewed 851 times
blueCFD-terminal_hisa-build.txt
(82.77 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

shIxx wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:26 pm
Well, I did everything as described and now the HiSa solver works.
I'm attache the output from the blueCFD terminal, it does not mean anything to me, but maybe it'll help you.
The lnInclude folder now includes six files and the preconditioner folder includes three files.
Then I deleted the hisa-master folder again to see if the installation works from the CFD preference and YES everything works fine!
Thank you for your help.
Glad we got there in the end! Thanks for persisting and for the feedback. :-)
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.