Run Solver does not execute

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

davel

Run Solver does not execute

Post by davel »

Hi,

I'm having an issue with running the solver on a fresh install of FreeCAD / CfdOF. This is the case for all attempted geometries, including the Viscous Tube Bundle from the tutorials, which is the model I am currently trying to get to run. Study was setup using the Macro from the tutorials page.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.16131 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-18
Hash: 3129ae4296e40ed20e7b3d460b86e6969acbe1c3
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedKingdom (en_GB)

Dependencies check passes okay. Plot workbench is installed.
Dependencies Check.png
Dependencies Check.png (65.85 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Writing mesh case and running mesher is fine. Writing the analysis case is fine. However, when I click Solver > Run, the following errors are returned in the Report View

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\dlaban\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\CfdOF\_TaskPanelCfdSolverControl.py", line 152, in runSolverProcess
    cmd = self.solver_runner.get_solver_cmd(solverDirectory)
  File "C:\Users\dlaban\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\CfdOF\CfdRunnableFoam.py", line 93, in get_solver_cmd
    self.residualPlot = ResidualPlot()
  File "C:\Users\dlaban\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\CfdOF\CfdResidualPlot.py", line 37, in __init__
    self.fig = Plot.figure(FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.Name + "Residuals")
AttributeError: module 'Plot' has no attribute 'figure'

No messages are presented in the Analysis Control Status pane (no "exited with error" for instance), and it was only upon turning on the Report View that I even knew it was doing anything, I just thought the button was non-functional.

I have attached the .py files mentioned in the error messages.

Does this indicate any kind of installation issue? I am running on a limited user account so had to use the Elevate Permissions dialog during installation, I am wondering if that prevented install of a critical component maybe?
Attachments
CfdRunnableFoam.py
(6.08 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
CfdResidualPlot.py
(3.32 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
_TaskPanelCfdSolverControl.py
(9.07 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
oliveroxtoby

Re: Run Solver does not execute

Post by oliveroxtoby »

davel wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:48 pm
Writing mesh case and running mesher is fine. Writing the analysis case is fine. However, when I click Solver > Run, the following errors are returned in the Report View

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\dlaban\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\CfdOF\_TaskPanelCfdSolverControl.py", line 152, in runSolverProcess
    cmd = self.solver_runner.get_solver_cmd(solverDirectory)
  File "C:\Users\dlaban\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\CfdOF\CfdRunnableFoam.py", line 93, in get_solver_cmd
    self.residualPlot = ResidualPlot()
  File "C:\Users\dlaban\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\CfdOF\CfdResidualPlot.py", line 37, in __init__
    self.fig = Plot.figure(FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.Name + "Residuals")
AttributeError: module 'Plot' has no attribute 'figure'
Thanks for reporting. This should now be resolved - please update your workbench.
davel

Re: Run Solver does not execute

Post by davel »

Updated workbench and it's now working, thanks!