Conda AppImage: all base WBs up to date?

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
herbk
Veteran

Re: Conda AppImage: all base WBs up to date?

Post by herbk »

Hi sprogan,
sgrogan wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:04 pm
sgrogan wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:34 pm This works different with QT5/PY3, the Python WB's show up some different. I think it was me and easy-fc that discussed this in the forum. I will search for the thread.
Couldn't find the thread, but this is how it works.
You need to activate the workbench for it to show up in the menu. Even then pure python stuff like the the draft workbench show up under the Python menu entry.
I try'd it at this way to, but Draft WB dosn't aper at the menue (other WBs don't aper to), - here a screenshot:
draft.jpg
draft.jpg (258.03 KiB) Viewed 1373 times

But: If it would work, this workflow isn't intuitve, it is awkward... At my personal TB at Part WB i have Tools from Draft, Fasteners, and A2+ WB.
A lot or clicking if you always have to close the steup window, change the WB, open the setup window again, select the WB where you want to have it again...

Btw one thing more whats confusing: The Names of the WBs and Tools should not be translated... If you look at the pic above: its not easy to realize that you have to select "Formteil" if you want a tool from Part WB, - especally not if you have to select "Part WB" at the target menue...
Gruß Herbert
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

I added the requested library as a dependency. Will do this also for the freecad-feedstock.
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-AppI ... 48e121f680
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

looo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:42 am I added the requested library as a dependency. Will do this also for the freecad-feedstock.
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-AppI ... 48e121f680
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

herbk wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:11 am I try'd it at this way to, but Draft WB dosn't aper at the menue (other WBs don't aper to), - here a screenshot:
The Draft commands are available from the Python menu entry, not a Draft WB menu entry.
Cycle through all the WB's you need for the TB, then Edit>Customize, no need to go back and forth.
"fight the good fight"
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi sprogan,

thx, but please don*t say "thats intuitive"... :roll: :roll:
Gruß Herbert
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

herbk wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:12 pm thx, but please don*t say "thats intuitive"... :roll: :roll:
I wouldn't, but it's not without reason. I'm a big fan of the "lazy loading" philosophy FreeCAD employs. For me the lack of intuitiveness is an exceptable compromise. As always we should strive to document this better :oops:

PS: When you restart FreeCAD again, and icons are missing from the custom toolbar, we can discuss work-arounds.
"fight the good fight"
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi sgrogan,
sgrogan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:22 pm PS: When you restart FreeCAD again, and icons are missing from the custom toolbar, we can discuss work-arounds.
i think we should do, - the icons are gone...
Gruß Herbert
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

herbk wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:52 pm i think we should do, - the icons are gone...
This is also due to lazy loading. At FreeCAD start the icons aren't known until the workbench is activated.
One way is to create a macro, bind it to an icon and add it to the custom toolbar.
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... =20#p77472
"fight the good fight"
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

sgrogan wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:03 pm
herbk wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:52 pm i think we should do, - the icons are gone...
This is also due to lazy loading. At FreeCAD start the icons aren't known until the workbench is activated.
One way is to create a macro, bind it to an icon and add it to the custom toolbar.
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... =20#p77472
This way don't work, because i can not add the macro to the toolbar, - it is not shown if i select "Macro" at the menuewhere to select the icons to add. I have it at personal and (FC) system Makrofolder.

Also the Icons don't aper if i cycle through the WBs manuel.
Gruß Herbert
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »