HTTP error 403 while downloading libpack for windows

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
rajendrasp79

HTTP error 403 while downloading libpack for windows

Post by rajendrasp79 »

Hi,

I am just starting with the FreeCAD Development. I am trying to download the libpack for windows however it failed to completely download and gave the error HTTP error 403 at 92%. Is the link having any trouble? There is one other location
https://github.com/apeltauer/FreeCAD/re ... bPack_12.1

where libpack is kept. Is it updated and working? It is of different size than the official one so I just wanted to confirm before I waste time downloading and trying it.

Thank a lot for any help.

Regards
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: HTTP error 403 while downloading libpack for windows

Post by Kunda1 »

rajendrasp79 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:31 pm Hi,

I am just starting with the FreeCAD Development. I am trying to download the libpack for windows however it failed to completely download and gave the error HTTP error 403 at 92%. Is the link having any trouble? There is one other location
https://github.com/apeltauer/FreeCAD/re ... bPack_12.1

where libpack is kept. Is it updated and working? It is of different size than the official one so I just wanted to confirm before I waste time downloading and trying it.

Thank a lot for any help.

Regards
I've noticed a similar issue with downloading the AppImage - see the colored note at the top of the page. Though it's different because I'm using the AppImageUpdater tool which only downloads the delta and not the whole file, but the download still has timed out. It may be that github throttles downloads over a certain size?

What I recommend trying is a download manager that supports 'resume functionality'. So that when the download fails and restarts it does so from the place it left off.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
rajendrasp79

Re: HTTP error 403 while downloading libpack for windows

Post by rajendrasp79 »

I am actually using a download manager. It is failing to resume as well. That's why I suspected it might be issue with the file.