Making Link3 related material easily accessible

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
RatonLaveur

Making Link3 related material easily accessible

Post by RatonLaveur »

It's merely days since The Huge Merge3. I have not yet gotten to learn much about Links (what's a link? Who's a link? Are you a link? Can I link? How to link? BRO! Do you even link?!)

Sure there are topics in depth and realthunders git branch is full of wonderous wordsmanship, but I here suggest that this information be Pinned forward somewhere on the forums.

If PartDesign Next was a huge change, it merely brought FreeCAD close to more conventional CAD workflows.

But Link is another animal altogether, and I believe it should be featured front and center for the users willing to dive in the latest release.

Wouldn't you agree?
vocx
Veteran

Re: Making Link3 related material easily accessible

Post by vocx »

RatonLaveur wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:49 pm ...
But Link is another animal altogether, and I believe it should be featured front and center for the users willing to dive in the latest release.
I think that if you are very interested in diving into Link, then you have already been following its development for two years (also Assembly3). Most of that is described in realthunder's GitHub pages, but you have to read them. It's a lot of reading, but it's there.

See this thread: Could we get a simple path description of Link, 019, Link stage, Asm3, merge?
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
RatonLaveur

Post by RatonLaveur »

You're right. And there was already another topic. I suppose i got overwhelmed diving in the distro for the first time yesterday.

I'll be quiet in my corner now. Reading and playing with colorful cubes.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

RatonLaveur wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:49 pm what's a link? Who's a link? Are you a link? Can I link? How to link? BRO! Do you even link?!
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

I have looked at realthunders page and while it's very informative I don't think any new user is going to appreciate it, it's very technical. I would like to see something a little more dumbed down, then I can understand. :)