[Solved] Report view popup

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Shack

[Solved] Report view popup

Post by Shack »

Hi Guys

I'm experiencing the report view popping up whenever it receives a message.
Is there any way to turn this off?
many tools add a message when operating, making it impossible to keep the report view closed.

screenrecording can be found here:
https://ufile.io/l6swwfcn

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.7.3
Qt version: 5.12.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: Danish/Denmark (da_DK)
Last edited by Kunda1 on Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [Solved] to thread title
sgrogan
Veteran

Re: Report view popup

Post by sgrogan »

Shack wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:46 pm screenrecording can be found here:
I think it is the desired response from here: https://github.com/easyw/Manipulator/tr ... 1060f488a0?
"fight the good fight"
OficineRobotica

Post by OficineRobotica »

I ended up dragging the report view "under" the comboView. This way it does not pop up every time there is a message in the view.

report.png
report.png (53.11 KiB) Viewed 1977 times

And to be fair i quite like it this way because i can check at times messages from the solver for example , all in just one click.
I tried searching but i haven't found a option to completely disable it in the properties editor . Perhaps some of the devs could guide us here . A search field would be so helpfull in there as allot can be done in that editor.
Check out my Youtube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/@OficineRobotica
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Shack wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:46 pm Is there any way to turn this off?
There are settings in Preferences->General->OutputWindow to control behaviour of report view.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

sgrogan wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:19 pm I think it is the desired response from here: https://github.com/easyw/Manipulator/tr ... 1060f488a0?
Not really ... this is a new behavior of FC 0.19 .. in case of a warning or an error Report view will pop up.
This is good, in general. But I had used in my wb the different colors of the 'warning' or 'error' report message to enhance the readability of the log messages.
I'm going to see if I will review my code.
Anyway I think this is a good option because it will pop up the report view in case i.e. a Macro or WB has issues.
OficineRobotica wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:30 am I ended up dragging the report view "under" the comboView. This way it does not pop up every time there is a message in the view.
This is indeed a fast workaround.
chrisb wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:41 am There are settings in Preferences->General->OutputWindow to control behaviour of report view.
Thanks @chrisb I didn't noticed this new option... FC is evolving so fast lately... :D
report-view.png
report-view.png (33.72 KiB) Viewed 1961 times
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

I think this is good, because way too often, new users come in, and are unaware that error messages are getting printed on the report view (they only view the message for a half-second on the status bar). So this is handy as a default setting. Once you know that, you can turn it off. Maybe even better, when in auto-pop-up mode, the report view should show a help message saying how to turn that off...
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi Yorik,
yorik wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:10 pm I think this is good, because way too often, new users come in, and are unaware that error messages are getting printed on the report view
I'm in mind, that new users gets more confused as it helps, because a lot of the messages are to much "programmer's language" and not to understand for an user.

At the 0.19 it's OK to set it as default, because it's a devl...
Gruß Herbert
Shack

Post by Shack »

Thanks for the help guys, and sorry for not noticing the option :)
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: [Solved] Report view popup

Post by Kunda1 »

Added [Solved] to thread title
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs