I'm (trying to) make my own CAD!

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ezzieyguywuf

I'm (trying to) make my own CAD!

Post by ezzieyguywuf » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:56 am

You can see my work here on gitlab. There's not much too it right now, but it's definitely something!

Mods: you can feel free to delete this if it goes against the spirit of the forum. I'm hoping that by posting in the "Open Discussion" sub-forum that it should be ok.

Edit:

Here's a quick demo of the current functionality - admittedly not that much, but I'm pretty excited!
drawEntity_demo_smaller.gif
drawEntity_demo_smaller.gif (383.9 KiB) Viewed 204 times
Last edited by ezzieyguywuf on Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bernd

Re: I'm (trying to) make my own CAD!

Post by bernd » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:06 am

good luck! Do not foget to give a good name. Changing later might be impossible.

ezzieyguywuf

Post by ezzieyguywuf » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:17 am

bernd wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:06 am
good luck! Do not foget to give a good name. Changing later might be impossible.
Thanks! I did put a bit of thought into the name, "MyCAD " seems mostly appropriate as it is "my" CAD (lol), but also I hope to design it in such a way that anybody (dvelopper and user alike) can tailor and tune it to be exactly what they want/need.

yorik
Site Admin

Post by yorik » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:54 am

Great! Always nice to see forks, alternatives, other ideas, and all the things that make the FOSS world alive. Keep going! (and keep us informed! ;) )

ezzieyguywuf

Post by ezzieyguywuf » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:37 am

yorik wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:54 am
Great! Always nice to see forks, alternatives, other ideas, and all the things that make the FOSS world alive. Keep going! (and keep us informed! ;) )
Thanks for the kind words!

I had considered adding my demo gif to my original post but was worried it might be seen too much like self promotion.

since the reception seems to be warm though I will post it as soon as i'm back at my computer!