Sketcher icons (finally) aligned

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Sketcher icons (finally) aligned

Post by chrisb »

I would prefer the first proposal with the knots. Increasing something on a knot makes it somewhat stronger and I would associate that rather with a sharp bend than with continuity. Besides there might be programmers who understand something completely different when seeing C++ :?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

chrisb wrote:Besides there might be programmers who understand something completely different when seeing C++
That is a part of the idea, to make a pun :lol:
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Well tonight I'm a slow thinker. But how about C++ to increase continuity and C# to make corners sharp :lol:
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

chrisb wrote:Well tonight I'm a slow thinker. But how about C++ to increase continuity and C# to make corners sharp :lol:
LOL!
agryson

Post by agryson »

Sorry for the super late reply, just back from vacation. Sure, I'll have a look at creating some based on those sketches. Might take me a little while though, I'd like to finish FEM first, so if anyone else wants to have a crack at it using the guidelines, don't hesitate.
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

agryson wrote:Sorry for the super late reply, just back from vacation. Sure, I'll have a look at creating some based on those sketches. Might take me a little while though, I'd like to finish FEM first, so if anyone else wants to have a crack at it using the guidelines, don't hesitate.
Hey! No problem at all. I am taking some days to actually use FreeCAD. My development is currently stopped. There is no hurry at all :)
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

agryson wrote:Sorry for the super late reply, just back from vacation. Sure, I'll have a look at creating some based on those sketches. Might take me a little while though, I'd like to finish FEM first, so if anyone else wants to have a crack at it using the guidelines, don't hesitate.
And I just realised I would need a third icon :oops: . It is for the showing multiplicity of knots (showing/hiding the numbers in parenthesis on the screenshot above). It works exactly the same as the control polygon or the curvature comb. Just this time what is shown/hidden is the multiplicity.
agryson

Post by agryson »

abdullah wrote:And I just realised I would need a third icon
No problem, I've created a personal ticket so i don't forget, feel free to comment on that if you're need to. I'll PR to your branch again so you can confirm it works for you.
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

Thanks!! :)
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

agryson wrote:
abdullah wrote:And I just realised I would need a third icon
No problem, I've created a personal ticket so i don't forget, feel free to comment on that if you're need to. I'll PR to your branch again so you can confirm it works for you.
I have made poor versions of the icons heavily reusing your previous ones. Feel free to merge a better version into master when ready ;) .