PR #1469 Qt5 compatible NaviCube

Merged, abandoned or rejected pull requests are moved here to clear the main Pull Requests forum.
nyholku

PR #1469 Qt5 compatible NaviCube

Post by nyholku »

Hi,

I finally rebased my branch and created a pull request.

wbr Kusti
pablogil

Re: PR #1469 Qt5 compatible NaviCube

Post by pablogil »

I can't wait to see it merged and try it out
:D
Dark and Light stylesheets v2.0 to theme your FreeCAD UI, more information here
dulouie

Post by dulouie »

Yes, this nice cube is waiting in the queue for too long.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Your Qt5 port of NaviCube didn't compile on any platform and due to exclusive use of QOpenGLTexture of course didn't work for Qt4 either. Thus, I switched back to your original implementation based on GLuint and did the Qt5 port myself.

Also, I added the option to switch it off and fixed several issues like slow rendering due to creation of an image which is never used, several memory leaks and possible crashes if the GL context gets destroyed.
nyholku

Post by nyholku »

Brilliant! Thank you very much.
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

nyholku wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 5:14 pm Brilliant! Thank you very much.
would it be possible to trig 'Zoom to fit' when clicking on a view already selected?
i.e. I click on 'Top' and the activeView is already the Top View, then 'Zoom to fit' is triggered.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

wmayer wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:53 pm Thus, I switched back to your original implementation based on GLuint and did the Qt5 port myself.
Do you mean that it works on Qt4?

EDIT: sorry, should have checked commits before asking!

git commit ddf881a1

Thanks!!! :D

Time to fire up the freecad-daily version! :)
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Congratulations!
efyx

Post by efyx »

nyholku wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:00 pm
Is it possible to provide some improvements like:
- ability to change display mode: shaded view/wire view etc.. It could remove view panel completely
- rotate to normal view, it means when you have sketch plane active, when you rotate model you can by pressing this button back it to normal view
- stretch rotation arrows (top/botto/left/right) to easier aim. Sometimes it is hard to rotate by these arrows and I don't know why, maybe coordinate system symbol of cube do this
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

When switching FreeCAD's language from the system locale (in my case French) to English, the NaviCube automatically switches position to Top Left. This is pretty annoying. Because of my work on the wiki, I am constantly switching between English, French and sometimes other languages.

Do I need to create a bug report?

Thanks.

P.S. There was a similar issue with TechDraw preferences sometime ago, where a change of language would affect TechDraw preferences. I wonder if it's a similar issue.

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=27383
wmayer wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:04 pm The point is that when changing the language a preference page receives an event and to call a function translateUi. This function is generated by Qt's uic compiler and always clears combo boxes. So, developers must take special care about this behaviour and explicitly save & restore the current index.
wandererfan wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:01 pm The problem may occur with other preference pages - I've seen a few without save/restore around the retranslate(), but I've never inspected them to see if the page has comboBoxes.
Shouldn't saveSettings(); and loadSettings(); calls be added to https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... iewImp.cpp?