(solved) probs installing cfmesh and hisa

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

oliveroxtoby

Re: probs installing cfmesh and hisa

Post by oliveroxtoby »

herbk wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:05 pm Hi Oliver,
oliveroxtoby wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:29 am Let me know if you still have problems.
unfortunately i have to let you know... The error message differs, but installing cfmesh still not works :(

May be the 2 versions of OpenFoam are more different as expected, because the output during installation shows a lot more red lines as before. - the loggfile is attached.
It works fine on my system - it must be something that the OpenSuse package does regarding the version number that makes us not pick it up correctly. Could you kindly do the following in a terminal and let me know what output you get:

Code: Select all

source /opt/openfoam-1812/etc/bashrc
echo $WM_PROJECT_VERSION
echo $WM_PROJECT_API
If i try to install cfmesh from FC AppImage ( 0.19.16291) i got an error "download not possible" and this output (only the first 3 lines are black, all others red)
Thank you for reporting this. It should be fixed now. However, there seems to be another issue with the latest AppImage not including a dependency of matplotlib, and this will give you another problem further down the line when you try to run an analysis. I have reported it and hopefully we can get it sorted out.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi Oliver,
oliveroxtoby wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:56 pm Could you kindly do the following in a terminal and let me know what output you get:
of course...:

inux-uo4o:~ # source /opt/openfoam-1812/etc/bashrc
linux-uo4o:~ # echo $WM_PROJECT_VERSION
linux-uo4o:~ # echo $WM_PROJECT_API
Gruß Herbert
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

herbk wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:30 pm Hi Oliver,
oliveroxtoby wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:56 pm Could you kindly do the following in a terminal and let me know what output you get:
of course...:

inux-uo4o:~ # source /opt/openfoam-1812/etc/bashrc
linux-uo4o:~ # echo $WM_PROJECT_VERSION
linux-uo4o:~ # echo $WM_PROJECT_API
Thank you. OK, this is correct, and looking at your log file more closely, all the commands seem correct now. I am afraid I am stumped as to why the linking error is happening.

Could you try to to the build manually, like this (from a terminal):

cd /home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/cfmesh-cfdof
./Allwmake
and see if you still get the "undefined reference" errors (the "could not find file ..." errors are normal and can be ignored).

It would also be interesting to try installing HiSA and see if you get the same errors there.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi Oliver,
oliveroxtoby wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:36 am Could you try to to the build manually, like this (from a terminal):

cd /home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/cfmesh-cfdof
./Allwmake
and see if you still get the "undefined reference" errors (the "could not find file ..." errors are normal and can be ignored).
The undefined reference errors are still there if i try it:

herbert@linux-uo4o:~> source /opt/openfoam-1812/etc/bashrc               
herbert@linux-uo4o:~> cd /home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/cfmesh-cfdof
herbert@linux-uo4o:~/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/cfmesh-cfdof> ./Allwmake
wmake libso meshLibrary
wmake executables
wmake cartesian2DMesh
make[1]: Verzeichnis „/home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/cfmesh-cfdof/executables/cartesian2DMesh“ wird betreten
g++ -std=c++11 -m64 -DOPENFOAM=1812 -Dlinux64 -DWM_ARCH_OPTION=64 -DWM_DP -DWM_LABEL_SIZE=32 -Wall -Wextra -Wold-style-cast -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-attributes -Wno-unknown-pragmas -O3  -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-100 -DNoSizeType  -I/opt/openfoam-1812/src/triSurface/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam-1812/src/surfMesh/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam-1812/src/meshTools/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam-1812/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam-1812/src/edgeMesh/lnInclude -I../../meshLibrary/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/opt/openfoam-1812/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam-1812/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude   -fPIC -Xlinker --add-needed -Xlinker --no-as-needed Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/cartesian2DMesh.o -L/opt/openfoam-1812/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib \
    -lmeshTools -lsurfMesh -lfiniteVolume -L/home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib -lmeshLibrary -lOpenFOAM -ldl  \
     -lm -o /home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/cartesian2DMesh
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/cartesian2DMesh.o: in function `main':
cartesian2DMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x13d): undefined reference to `Foam::cartesian2DMeshGenerator::cartesian2DMeshGenerator(Foam::Time const&)'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: cartesian2DMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x1c1): undefined reference to `Foam::cartesian2DMeshGenerator::writeMesh() const'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: cartesian2DMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x1e8): undefined reference to `Foam::cartesian2DMeshGenerator::~cartesian2DMeshGenerator()'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: cartesian2DMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x22b): undefined reference to `Foam::cartesian2DMeshGenerator::~cartesian2DMeshGenerator()'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/opt/openfoam-1812/wmake/makefiles/general:138: /home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/cartesian2DMesh] Fehler 1
make[1]: Verzeichnis „/home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/cfmesh-cfdof/executables/cartesian2DMesh“ wird verlassen
make: *** [/opt/openfoam-1812/wmake/makefiles/apps:27: cartesian2DMesh] Fehler 2
wmake utilities
wmake checkSurfaceMesh
make[1]: Verzeichnis „/home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/cfmesh-cfdof/utilities/checkSurfaceMesh“ wird betreten
g++ -std=c++11 -m64 -DOPENFOAM=1812 -Dlinux64 -DWM_ARCH_OPTION=64 -DWM_DP -DWM_LABEL_SIZE=32 -Wall -Wextra -Wold-style-cast -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-attributes -Wno-unknown-pragmas -O3  -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-100 -DNoSizeType  -I/opt/openfoam-1812/src/triSurface/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam-1812/src/surfMesh/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam-1812/src/meshTools/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam-1812/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam-1812/src/edgeMesh/lnInclude -I../../meshLibrary/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/opt/openfoam-1812/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam-1812/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude   -fPIC -Xlinker --add-needed -Xlinker --no-as-needed Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/checkSurfaceMesh.o -L/opt/openfoam-1812/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib \
    -lmeshTools -lsurfMesh -lfiniteVolume -L/home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib -lmeshLibrary -lOpenFOAM -ldl  \
     -lm -o /home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/checkSurfaceMesh
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/checkSurfaceMesh.o: in function `main':
checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x2ba): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurf::triSurf(Foam::fileName const&)'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x327): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurfaceChecks::calculateBoundingBox(Foam::triSurf const&, Foam::boundBox&)'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x4b8): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurfaceChecks::checkSurfaceManifolds(Foam::triSurf&, Foam::word)'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x5a6): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurfaceChecks::checkForHoles(Foam::triSurf&, Foam::word)'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x662): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurfaceChecks::checkForNonManifoldEdges(Foam::triSurf&, Foam::word)'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x700): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurfaceChecks::checkDisconnectedParts(Foam::triSurf&, Foam::word)'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x7a7): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurfaceChecks::checkAngles(Foam::triSurf&, Foam::word, double)'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x84b): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurfaceChecks::checkSelfIntersections(Foam::triSurf&, Foam::word, double)'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x904): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurfaceChecks::checkOverlaps(Foam::triSurf&, Foam::word, double, double)'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x999): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurfaceChecks::checkCollocatedPoints(Foam::triSurf&, Foam::word, double)'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0xa9e): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurf::writeSurface(Foam::fileName const&) const'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0xac5): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurf::~triSurf()'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0xf8b): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurf::~triSurf()'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/opt/openfoam-1812/wmake/makefiles/general:138: /home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/checkSurfaceMesh] Fehler 1
make[1]: Verzeichnis „/home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/cfmesh-cfdof/utilities/checkSurfaceMesh“ wird verlassen
make: *** [/opt/openfoam-1812/wmake/makefiles/apps:27: checkSurfaceMesh] Fehler 2
herbert@linux-uo4o:~/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/cfmesh-cfdof>
It would also be interesting to try installing HiSA and see if you get the same errors there.
wow, HiSA sems to be installed without an error. :D
I don*t try it with the updated cfdOF WB before, - because of the error mesages of cfmesh. - Sorry
Gruß Herbert
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Now, after i gets installed HiSA, i tryd to generate a meshcase from a testfile from thomas. The mesh genaration seams to work, but for the output (i think it's for the output...) i get an error.

--> FOAM FATAL IO ERROR: 
Bad token - could not get word

file: input at line 0.

From function Foam::Istream& Foam::operator>>(Foam::Istream&, Foam::word&)
    in file primitives/strings/word/wordIO.C at line 45.

FOAM exiting

No matter of using FC of the OpenSuse repo or the AppImage, error is the same.
Gruß Herbert
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

herbk wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:55 am Now, after i gets installed HiSA, i tryd to generate a meshcase from a testfile from thomas. The mesh genaration seams to work, but for the output (i think it's for the output...) i get an error.

--> FOAM FATAL IO ERROR: 
Bad token - could not get word

file: input at line 0.

From function Foam::Istream& Foam::operator>>(Foam::Istream&, Foam::word&)
    in file primitives/strings/word/wordIO.C at line 45.

FOAM exiting

No matter of using FC of the OpenSuse repo or the AppImage, error is the same.
If you could link to the file I will try to reproduce the issue.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi Oliver,
oliveroxtoby wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:24 am If you could link to the file I will try to reproduce the issue.
the file from Thomas is here:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 32#p289083

I can find a folder "primitives" at ~OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/cfmesh-cfdof/meshLibrary/utilities/meshes/ but not a folder "strings" in it.
Gruß Herbert
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

herbk wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:33 pm Hi Oliver,
oliveroxtoby wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:24 am If you could link to the file I will try to reproduce the issue.
the file from Thomas is here:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 32#p289083

I can find a folder "primitives" at ~OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/cfmesh-cfdof/meshLibrary/utilities/meshes/ but not a folder "strings" in it.
Thank you. Unfortunately this seems to be a bug in OpenFOAM 1812 affecting the gmshToFoam conversion utility. I see that a fix was committed this morning, so if should be sorted out in the next version. Until then I suggest you uninstall your system 1812 packages and install the Linux packages for OpenFOAM v6 at https://openfoam.org/version/6/. After that, you will need to re-do the cfMesh and HiSA installation.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Thank you Oliver.
Because i'm at OS 15.1, which is still beta, i think i will wait a few days, updates come very often. I keep you informed... :)
I never used a package which is installed by docker, so not realy like to try it...
Gruß Herbert
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi Oliver,

because there was no uptate for OF-1812 i go back to OF-1806 and it works now.

Only one thing left, but if i'm right you explaned somewhere else that it's an known issue atm:

If i use FC from OpenSuse repo (it's a 0.18.1) and click at the Paraview button after creating a case Paraview opens and shows the "cased part" (i don't know how to call it...).
If i use FC Appimage Paraview dosn't open after clicking the button.

THX for your help!
Gruß Herbert